Is your husband sensitive?

My husband is so sensitive I can't say anything. I don't know how I am ever to speak up about my OWN FEELINGS when he gets all bent out of shape when I do. I am not rude to him and I don't correct him. I watch what I say. Like today, we packed a snack for the ride home after we got done with class. Well, I have 4 hours straight of class and he has a small break. He went to the car and ate during his break. No big deal. I asked that he save me some bc I was so hungry. I get to the car and there is barely any left and when I start to eat he starts eating again. Then I barely get anything to eat. It is so stupid. I have to eat bc I have low blood sugar. Well, he knows that but he still doesn't really share. So I say that I wish he had left me more. He looks at me with a sad face and then says nothing. Then I feel bad for speaking up for my needs. How do you deal with something like this? It's with other things too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Really? yall are bent out of shape over a snack? put a pack of crackers in your bag...problem solved.
    As far as your hubby, some people are just sensitive. They feel bad when they feel like someone is up set or disapproves of something they have done.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 5:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• If i were u i would have blown up on him bc he know i got low blood sugar. If it was me i would think he was just selfish
    Anonymous

• What is wrong with your huband??? 1. make sure u pack ur own snacks next time and 2. tell him u need a MAN not someone who always wants to ''cry'' about everything!
    Anonymous

• pack your own snack in your own purse/backpack in case that happens again but read about Passive-Aggressive men. I read the book How to live with a P.A. Man and it opened my eyes. You can find websites about them too. Just protect your health and make sure you have something for yourself at all times. Men see food and they just eat without a care of who else needs it. Women are caregivers. Men are self centered beasts sometimes.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:11 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• um i dont think theres anything wrong with him.. maybe its you? i do it sometimes soon, you maybe dont mean to say things the way you do but people can pick up on the tone of voice.. and about the food thing, pack two different snacks, one for you and one for him in different packs so there is no problem, he has his and you have yours
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 5:45 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Doesn't sound like sensitivity to me..Sounds like anger issues or selfishness..You should pack your own luch and carry it around with you..Your going to fall out one day,from lack of food..Then mabe he will stop being an a**.

Answer by louise2 at 5:55 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Forgot to say SPEAK UP. Don't let his "senetivity" stop you from speaking your mind..

Answer by louise2 at 5:58 PM on Jun. 2, 2009