my 3month old drinks 5-6oz......

of breast milk when I put it in a bottle then hungry 2.5hrs later, so I nurse her. But i only give her a bottle if Im out and about or wedding exc.. .... If I stop her at 4oz, she gets mad and still hungry. Does that seem like alot?

daisy6878

Asked by daisy6878 at 5:04 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I formula fed at that age but mine started taking 8oz at 6 weeks of age every 2-3 hours. So..to me, it doesn't.

Feed on demand. If she's hungry, just feed her and don't worry about it.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:08 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• i would try to put some more in the bottle, see if she'll take 6-8 ounces so she isn't hungry every few hours. doesn't seem like alot, my oldest was taking 7-8 ounces every 4 hours at that age (formula fed). and my youngest who is only 12 days old already takes 3-4 ounces every 3-4 hours.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:08 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• my daughter who will be 7yrs this summer when she was a baby took 8ozs of formula when she was 2-3months
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 5:11 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• i would say feed her if shes hungry but children doesnt really know when they are full and i sometimes it could be that they just need to suck on something. just be carefull when u feed her and put her to sleep, keep watching her. i read something similiar to this and it didnt have a good ending bc the doctor told her to feed her child untill she's full
    Anonymous

• With breastmilk b/c it absorbs quickly and completely it's normal for her to be hungry more often...that's why Bfing mommies always feel like they have a baby attached to their boobies. the formula takes longer to absorb b/c it's harder to digest so they can go longer without eating. If she's only on BM I would feed her when she's hungry. Plus, you have to remember that your baby will get probably double the amount of milk when you nurse her. You don't pump as much as your baby gets by nursing.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:17 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Mine is 3 months old and she just moved up to 5 ounces. But she keeps transitioning back to 3 or 4 oz. When she is going through a growth spurt she will eat more and then back off. My doctor said that my dd shouls be eating between 4-6 oz by the time she was 2 months old. You need to remember that breast milk is also thinner than formula and doesn't last as long.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 6:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• my sons home RN came and should me something about starting your 3-4month old baby one stage one food his the baby is eating 7-8oz and if shes over 14-16 pounds she may need to start stage 1 baby food just call you dr and ask them what they think b?c she may need to start giving her baby food....
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 1:23 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• She weighed 12pds .4oz on May 19th!! she weighed 6pds 4oz at birth.
    daisy6878

Answer by daisy6878 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2009