Should my 10 month old be eating more than 3 jars of stage 2 baby food a day?

That's all he gets for solids, he's not on table foods yet. Then he gets formula throughout the day too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well that depends.. my 10 month old is strictly on table food, with 3 6 oz bottles a day...

maybe try introducing table foods now?
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 5:14 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• As long as he is getting at least 24-30 oz. a day of formula then I would just feed him what he'll eat after that. As long as you're not using it as a full meal. He still needs his milk but no solids before a year are only for learning and taste. he doens't NEED them...but why not try giving him some cut up avocado and bananas, steamed zucchini, baked apples and pears....get him used to feeding himself =) My DD is 9 months and prefers to feed herself rather than eat the jar foods. I usually make everything for her and she loves it.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:15 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My son is 9 months and eats 3 jars and formula also. We gave him cheerios for the first time the other day and he seems to like them a lot. He's getting about 30oz of formula a day. I'm waiting to start him on table foods for a bit longer. I'm scared of him choking! But i'm taking a CPR course next week so maybe it'll ease my fears.
    Anonymous

• I would start introducing table foods. Is there any particular reason you are holding off? If so, then you could try moving up to the stage 3 jars. They are just bigger so you will get more for your money!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 6:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Have you thought of cooking and offering him well-mashed sweet potatoes (or regular ones), mashed avocodo, or bananas? At 10 months old, he probably would be able to handle some kind of "table" food like soft-cooked carrots, diced or small pieces of bananas/avocodo. You could also try gerber puffs, just break it in half and see how he handles it before offering a whole piece. They dissolve really well. My son has been on table food, eating whatever I am eating, since he was about 9 months old. We only use the jarred sorts if we're traveling. Also make sure he is getting -at least- 24oz formula a day.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 11:02 PM on Jun. 2, 2009