I had 4 messages from them since this morning.

I just got in from work, and i had four messages from chrysler about my car payment. It is due for the beginning of may payment, and i paid half of it because it was all i had. I have beenout from work soem and paychecks have been slimmer. Anyways i told them back on the 15th when i talked to them that i planned on making the payment around the 4th of this month. That was the first date i thought i may have a little money . Then the next payment will come due on the 5th. Anyways they have called 4 times today and left 4 messages. I caught two of the times and one was at 2:41 and the other ar 4:02. I didn't hear when the other calls were but doesn't that seem a little extreme? Or is it normal for them to call that many times.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• When you are behind it's normal for them to call. I was behind on a student loan and they called literally 20 times a day. ...over 100 times a week. I finally changed my phone number because that was harassment.
    Anonymous

• I would not know, I always pay my bills on time. And, I do not have any car payments. But, yes, if you owe them money, they want it. It's the way of the world.
    Anonymous

• They will keep calling until they reach you. Then that resets the dialer to tomorrow, when they again will keep calling till they reach you.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:08 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Hit send too soon!

Best practice? Take the call. You can explain the situation and possibly work something out with them. You can also instruct them NOT to call. But I find it's better to keep talking with a creditor.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• They are allowed to call you 95 times a day until they talk to you. They can only talk to you once a day. Best idea: Pick up the phone and talk to them even if it's just to say I don't have it yet you'll get it this day and hang up. Have you asked them if there is anything you can do to help lower your payments? Could you refinance? If you really talk to them they may have some helpful options for you. It's worth a try any way.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• They called you although you communicated with them? I have Nissan Financial and I have been late twice this year. I told them that I lost my job last year, and times get tough. They just say ok, and note my account. They don't call me at all.

Well, they are filing bankruptcy, so that could be it. See the news.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 8:54 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Many are automated so the computer doesn't care how many calls it makes in a day or an hour. My credit card company used to call my house and then my cell immediately after I didn't pick up the house phone. What a bother, huh?
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 10:30 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• If you don't pay for the car you're driving its the same as stealing the car so can you blame them for wanting to collect payment from you? Take your bills seriously!
    Anonymous

• Anon: Taking your bills seriously doesn't make you able to pay them when sh!t happens. Life sucks for a lot of people right now but I guess you must have a nice cushy stable job with a corner office. If not you could be the next company pay cut.
    Anonymous

• They're only legally allowed to talk to you once a day, but can call you as much as they way, as long as they don't talk to you or leave a msg on your VM.
    Samie8183

Answer by Samie8183 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2009