What should i tell them when i call them and they try to pressure me?

Another part to behind on a car payment. When i send in the payment on friday, i have to call with the western union number. When i do and they start pressuring me about the next payment coming due the next day, what should i tell them. If i don't have it , i don't have it. I can only guess at a date that i may have it and even then i may not have it all. What should i tell them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• how far behind is it? if this payment friday puts it so you aren't behind anymore, and the next payment isn't due yet, when they ask if you will be able to pay the next one on time, tell them you will be trying to however for whatever reason you can't promise that it will be. and that you will call if it won't be. if its still behind, i would try to at least make a promise to pay w/in 30 days.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Tell them there's a problem on your job and the payment is late...or a problem with your bank or account or something lol...they would say the truth is the best way but not always!
    Anonymous

• When i pay this friday, the next payment comes due on Saturday.
    Anonymous

• You must give the creditors a date (at least a date that you know that you will receive the paycheck by). If not, they'll consider a lack of answer as refusal to pay.
    Anonymous

• if you gfive them a date they willtake that as the date you have the money.. you never give creditors a date. i know that much. .because then when you dont have it on said date they get all pissy and it makes them more angry. just explain the situation and tell them that yourh aving problems that you apologize but if they could PLEASE be patient.. :D good luck..
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 5:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I work in finance. Be honest with them and tell the the date that you will attempt to have the next payment there. If you have problems, let them know....trust me, we appreciate it more when our customers are honest with us than when they try to b/s us!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 6:03 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• You make a payment and tell them, I WILL CALL U BACK! Do not let them get a date from you... Just say this and hang up.
    Anonymous

• Can you get a less expensive car or do without one?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:40 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Tell them "It isn't due yet, I will talk to you when it is due." What car company do you go through? I used to have a car from JDByrider. That sounds exactly like them.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:07 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Tell them you will pay it when you can and you have another call to make. Thank you and goodbye. They are not supposed to call you and pressure you like that. I stopped answering the phone. Unless they are sending you to a crediitor, you may ignore them. That's in Pa as I understand it anyway.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 10:26 PM on Jun. 2, 2009