• In the Spotlight:

Tasteless or not?

spaghetti strap tops with the bra straps showing? and what age should you stop wearing them?

MythicMMM

Asked by MythicMMM at 5:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Depends. Is the bra black and the top white? That's trashy. Pink on pink? Not so much. I think it's appropriate for any age if done the right way. Those clear bra straps are especially nifty.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 6:04 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• the clear straps make me break out, so i can't wear those and i've never found a strapless that supports me, either do the "built in bras". so if i wear a tank i'm wearing a regular bra. i will wear the color bra of the tank or a nude colored bra if i don't have that color bra. as far as it being tasteless, its that or seeing through the tank/seeing my boobs bounce everywhere, so either or.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I just wear a strapless. I can't wear clear straps or any straps in public, I don't like the look. It's a great idea, but you're still showing your bra. As long as there isn't any 'excess baggage or spillage,' age shouldn't really matter. I'm 31 and don't plan on changing my wardrobe anytime soon.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 6:33 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• If the straps match... you are fine. If the bra straps are brightly colored or more than the straps of the bra are showing, then it becomes tacky

Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 7:17 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I just don't think people should do that...that's why they sell those bras with the see through straps. Or for that matter, that's why they sell strapless bras!!! That's just my opinion.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• T back bras are great with tank tops! Like the others said though, if the straps are not the same color or at least close, it does look not "put together". I won't say trashy cuz that is reserved for much worse attire mistakes IMO...
    rune2319

Answer by rune2319 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• If the straps match then im ok with it otherwise i thing its trashy. I dont like my straps to show at all so i have a cover up thing that goes with all my tops like that so they dont show. But thats just me. I dont think you should stop wearing them because bra straps though.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:57 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I don't care as long as I am comfy. I can't wear anything but sports bras these days, and it's so freekin hot that I almost have to wear spaghetti strap tanks or any tanks I guess, so I gave up on caring and If I look trashy, oh well. At least I am keeping cool.
    (its not like I'm trying to impress anyone anyway, I got my man and have no fear of him going anywhere else, and he likes me no matter what I look like, so whatever. *smilez*)
    ccspiratemama

Answer by ccspiratemama at 10:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I hate strapless bras. The cut into me and don't support a thing.

I don't see anything wrong with the spaghetti tops with a tastefully discreet bra strap showing.
    krnrobey71

Answer by krnrobey71 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 2, 2009