how should i do my home birth?

im a single 16 year old expecting a baby. i have a fear of hospitals so i need some help...can someone help me?

sarathemom

Asked by sarathemom at 5:53 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You need a midwife. Some will attend home births. Personally I think a home birth is safer. As long as you have a low risk pregnancy I would go for it. Midwives can only not do c-sections. They can use any other needed equiptment.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• i would go to the hospital. you do not get the proper care for you and baby at home.. and what if an emergency happens? are you going to be able to handle that?
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 5:54 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I just had my baby at home find yourself a midwife and I got better care at home then I ever did in the hospital

look into the group Birth is normal http://www.cafemom.com/group/2212
    There are alot of women there that can give you info
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 6:26 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• As long as you have a professional who can attend to you, there is nothing wrong with a homebirth for a normal, healthy pregnancy. Chances are, your home is cleaner and much less germy than a hospital.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:29 PM on Jun. 2, 2009