Bedtime routine

Just wondering about other moms bedtime routines. Do you feed your baby first or give a bath first? What time do you start the bedtime routine?

Emmasmom2009

Asked by Emmasmom2009 at 6:03 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I fed my kids first, give baths, give massages with lavender and chamomile lotion, read a small bedtime story and then to night night they go.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 6:07 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I start mine at 8o'clock. (kids are done eating by 8 anyway and in bed by 9pm
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 6:08 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• BTW my daughter is 2 months old.
    Emmasmom2009

Answer by Emmasmom2009 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• you can still use the same bedtime routine, just at different times. Your baby is probably still waking up at least 2 times a night. So the final bedtime is up to you and your daughter.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 6:13 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• At two months, there really wasnt much of a routine....just feed, sleep, wake, feed, diaper, sleep...ect.... but once a routine was established: Dinner at 6/6:30 , last bottle(or sippy) around 8/8:30 then brush her teeth and lay on my bed and watch TV untill she fell asleep then move her to her crib. She gets baths in the AM.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• my daughter is 3 bedtime starts around 8, she gets her bath, says night nights to everyone (my mom and brother live with us, so she has to tell them, me, her brother, the dogs, the cat.....), we read 3 books she picks out, i sing her a lullaby and then i scare the monsters out of her room. by the time we're all said and done its between 9 and 9:30. my little man is only 12 days old, but i've started kinda a routine with him (it took my daughter months to get on a routine when i decided to start one so starting as early as possible w/him that way he can get onto her routine when he gets older w/o issues) if its bath night he gets his bath after his bottle (he usually has a bottle between 8:30 and 9:30, so someone else gives him the bottle then i do bath when i'm done with her bedtime. then i'll read him a little book, sing a song and rock him to sleep. so he's usually asleep by 10 and some nights he'll sleep only an hour CONT
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:37 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• hes hungry again other nights he'll sleep for 6. weird little man that he is.
    vabchmommy

• My DD has her bath at 7:30 after Wheel of Fortune...Im a nerd I guess, we like that show. aFter that book/playtime for about 30-45 min, then a bottle or nurse then she's asleep by 9:30 and wakes up at 8:30 on the dot. BTW, she's 9 months and has been on this schedule for about 3 months....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• We started at 5 wks and it seemed to help get my DD in a good bedtime routine. We did bath, then read a book, then bottle/rocking, then bed. This was around 6:30pm, she'd be in bed at 7. She's one now and still has the same routine, only it varies on the time, depending on when her afternoon nap was. It's good to start right away, then they get used to it and know what to expect.
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 6:45 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My daughter is 5 months, and a nice warm bath turn the ac on low bundle her up, put on some meditation calming relaxing music and i get at least 4 hours out of her, and then she wants the binkie back in her mouth around 4 then usually sleeps till 9.
    shedevil121208

Answer by shedevil121208 at 6:46 PM on Jun. 2, 2009