How can I make sure my baby is born clean ???

this will probolly be a question everyone cant answer but please help me if you can I am 34 weeks pregnant and up until last week I was a daily marijuana user I have been struggling to quit my whole pregnancy i was told my baby will get taken away if she is born dirty im due july 13th but could have the baby anyday now is there anything i can do to get clean asap im drinking tons of water & juice but thats all i know to do could i get some answers please ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just don't smoke anymore....should be fine. At least you did decide to stop.
    Anonymous

• Nothing quick like you want it..Just stop smoking it or being around it. Don't drink to much water..You can over dose on water..

Answer by louise2 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• It actually depends on the state you live in. If I were you, I'd research the info you were given. In some cases/states, they will simply put you through a program to clean up. Keep doing what you're doing - drink alot of water. Marijuana is detectable in a user's system for a LONG time after that person quits. However, I don't know how that translates with a pregnant woman & her baby.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 6:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• BTW, you CAN overdose on water, but it takes a ton of it. Just be sure to keep eating a healthy diet as well.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 6:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I was a fairly heavy smoker I come from a place where its normal my whole family smokes pot been sort of a family tradition I started with my own mother nearly 10 years ago, its not been easy for me to leave it alone I am concerned that since I smoked everyday that I wont be able to get clean by july 13th .... scared and stressed
    Anonymous

• Obviously stop toking but it might not help anyhow. My sister quit in her last few months of pregnancy and when her daughter was born they tested her first stool and that stays in the baby and starts forming around 4 months pregnant.
    Don't smoke anymore, drink cranberry juice (not cocktail) so that your kidney are clean and working well to help get the junk out of your system, and even if you do run into trouble, you can say that you smoked before you knew you were pregnant and offer to take a drug test.
    Anonymous

• I hate to be the one to say it, but maybe you should have thought about this awhile ago? Its a little late to start worrying about your baby being taken away now. Pot can stay in the system anywhere from 1-3 months and it could stay in a developing baby longer.
    Anonymous

• I usually do not post ANON but I hope and pray your baby is healthy. If he/she is not, it is going to be on your conscience and I dont' know if I could live with myself knowing I was selfish enough to SMOKE POT DAILY knowing I was pregnant. That is one of the most STUPID things I can think of, why didn't you stop before now?
    Anonymous

• Talk to someone about getting into a treatment program. TODAY. You're more likely to be able to keep the baby that way, if you own up to having had a problem and to wanting to fix it.

It's highly likely that you won't be able to get the baby "clean." All the fluids you're drinking are just going to flush out of the body as urine and won't take more toxins out than if you were drinking the normal 64 ounces per day. And trying to hide what you've been doing puts you in a very unfavorable light...makes you look like a liar.

Please, go get some help. It's the best thing to do for you and your baby.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• You also need to not be around people smoking pot.
    Hopefully there will not be any lasting damage: http://www.webmd.com/baby/news/20030325/marijuana-may-harm-fetus

Answer by rkoloms at 7:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2009