It must be the worst nightmare to fall into the deep atlantic ocean stuck in an airplane right?

its so sad and horrible that all those 218 died like that, my worst nightmare and what I fear the most is the ocean so I can just imagine the pain they went threw:/ what do u think of this situation, what do u think caused it? they say it couldnt have been the lightening but I think it was all the wind and lightenening combined because at 10 something the pilot reported he was losing electricity in the flight, and only bad weather like that cause that, they should of canceled it ahead of time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Tragic...
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 6:16 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Is that what happened to the plane? I have not heard anything since early this morning saying they still don't know where the plane is.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:23 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• But to answer your question.

It sucks to die like that. Knowing those people suffered before they passed.

RIP

itsallabtthem84

• I think it was probably something to do with the weather. If they KNEW a storm that bad was out there then yes they should have delayed the flight. But you can't blame anyone, I'm sure everyone did what they could. Those poor people on board...
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:26 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My thoughts are with there families right now..:(

Answer by louise2 at 6:30 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Yes it is horrible. I am TERRIFIED to fly even short distances...even though it is so much more dangerous to drive than fly...but still. I can't imagine what runs through your head while the plane is going down. My friend's family was on a plane that caught fire a few years ago. They had to make an emergency landing. They all said they thought they were going to die and it was so hard for them because there was nothing they could do about it. They weren't the ones in control. Luckily no one was hurt and they landed safely. Its sad that there have been others that weren't so lucky. It is not very common for a plane to be taken down because of a storm...usually if they know there is a bad storm the pilot will try to avoid it at all costs...I guess we'll never know. :(
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:30 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I recently spent 2 days on airplanes flying overseas with my kids and I was so paranoid the whole time I couldn't relax. i hate flying.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:35 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• It is sad what happened but does not deter me from flying. I love to fly. You have a greater chance dying on the ground than in the air.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Okay....I have a friend that flies 747's for a living. He's told me that those jets can withstand a lightning strike; the airplane itself was relaying the message that it was having problems with the electrical system before the crash (it wouldn't have been able to do that if the lightning knocked out the electrical systems); the impact itself could have easily killed everyone on board, especially with all the debris it's very possible that the plane was destroyed on impact (pieces of seats, etc.); those planes are equipped with radar and they can easily fly above or around the storm, although if they were having problems with the electrical system then it would have taken out the radar and probably have affected the controls.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:17 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• All life rafts, both black boxes AND the jet are equipped with Emergency Location Transmitters and NONE of those had been found the last time he and I talked, leading him to speculate that the jet had disintegrated on impact.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what officials determine the cause to be. If the plane was having electrical problems before the storm then the pilot could have been caught off guard, no radio contact, no radar, and few instruments.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2009