Screen Names...

Can I change my screen name without changing anything else? I have a siggy that would tell people the name I go by now, but I'd really like to change it if at all possible and keep everything else the same.

rhope4

Asked by rhope4 at 6:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Nope..You have to cancel your account ,, Then start a new account.

Answer by louise2 at 6:37 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

Bummer...I'm a group owner too.  Oh well...guess I'm stuck with what I have.

rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 6:46 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Hi rhope4,

We are sorry to hear that you want to leave CafeMom.

Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with. We are available to answer any questions you have or help you find other groups of moms who share similar interests and challenges.

If you do decide to cancel your account, here's how:

Click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of any CafeMom page.
    Under 'Self-Service', click the link that says 'Cancel my CafeMom Account'.
    Let us know why you're leaving (optional).
    Click the 'Submit' button.

We will process your request and you will receive a cancellation confirmation once your account has been canceled.

There is an area on the cancellation request for you to give feedback (optional) about why you're canceling your account.

>>The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 6:48 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I don't want to cancel my account. I just want to change my screen name. As I said in the original post, I have a siggy that would let people know the name I went by previously, but I want to keep everything else. I love the group I own as well as those I'm a member of, and I don't want to go through the trouble of transferring ownership and all that.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 7:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• You can still keep your group. All you have to do is join it & transfer the group to your new SN. It is really not that much trouble to do it all.
    Anonymous

• Man how did admin get that you wanted to cancel cafemom....lmao! That is a hoot if you ask me!
    crazybusymama3

Answer by crazybusymama3 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Anon :09, do you mean create another profile and delete the one I have now? I thought of that, but transfering journals and so forth would be too much trouble.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 8:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• You can not transfer journals only groups
    Anonymous