Is it wierd that I talk about sex with my mother?

Im 19 and shes 51. We talk about sex with each other sometimes in detailed descriptions. not discusting or anything but detailed. I cant ask these things on here because there are rude moms who will get offended and delete my question. And I dont have alot of girl friends so I dont have alot of people to talk to. Do you talk about this with your mom? Is this wierd?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 6:33 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am trying to buy a house on my moms street. Between her neighbors, her, and me there are 10 of us that joke around about sex all the time. I cant wait to live that close to them and not worry about the 30 minute drive back home at 3 am. If you cant talk to your mom about sex really who can you talk to. I mean yea i dont wanna know about her and my dad havig sex but seriously she knows I have I have kids, and I know she has, she obviously has kids too.
    mommyin07n08

Answer by mommyin07n08 at 6:53 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• no its not weird. i talk to my mom about sex like that.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I agree, not weird, and good that you both have someone to discuss such things with.

Answer by Bmat at 6:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• for me it'd be weird. my mom and i never ever had that kind of relationship. on the other hand, she does have that kinda relationship w/my younger sister and they can talk about sex, but for me she just was never comfy trying to talk about it and i could tell (as a teen) so we never did. by the time it was time to talk to my sis she had figured out how to be comfy w/it. so i think its great that you have that relationship w/your mom.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I don't think its weird but do I talk to my mom about sex? No. I don't want to hear about her sex life and she doesn't want to hear about mine. Its too uncomfortable of a topic for us as I'm sure it is for other people as well. However, there is nothing wrong with talking to your mother about sex. Everyone has different relationships with different people, and different ideas of what they are comfortable talking about. If you guys are comfortable sharing your sex lives with eachother than great. I would rather be kicked in the face than talk to my mom about sex.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I think that's good. My mom is not very good at that at all. She refers to her body as her "parts," lol..
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 6:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Me and my youngest DD (25) talk about sex..It's not uncommon.

Answer by louise2 at 6:48 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I don't think its weird, but I just don't have that kind of relationship with my mom. You should feel lucky that you can talk with your mom like that :)
    SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 6:48 PM on Jun. 2, 2009