Is noggin the best channel for a baby to watch, to keep them occupied?

shedevil121208

Asked by shedevil121208 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Entertainment

• I love the Noggin Channel...and PBS for some shows. Sesame street, barney (even though I hate it) Thomas the train, all shows on Noggin teaches children a lot. My kids are 3 years and 18 months. I don't recommend letting them watch a long time. But maybe an hour or two a day is great.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 6:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Is Janice Dickenson's boobs fake? That is THE channel to keep these little monkeys occupied. Its so educational and I love singing the songs with my 3 year old. He cries if I don't come in his room and sing it with him. I can be taking a sh-- he doesn't care! I love Noggin.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 6:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• yes, noggin has some good educational shows for babies, but most are geared more towards pre-schoolers. however, I'd stick more to pbs or sprout. They have shows like wow wow wubzy, and they sing songs with nina and sesame street. You want something with lots of movement and music to keep baby entertained.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 6:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• really though no TV is good TV for children. But yes sometimes we watch movies(not everyday). Canceled TV 2 years ago
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 6:46 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Well... actually the "mommy channel" is the best. Watching you is the most educational thing around for your baby.
    But, for the occasional break while you race through a shower or cook dinner, Noggin is fine. Other great options are a DVD you own. Babies and toddlers love to watch the same thing over and over, they love being able to predict what will happen next, it gives them a sense of control. So even though you may get sick of seeing it, investing in a couple of DVD's can really pay off. Just pick a show you like or something simi educational. My daughter loved the "My Baby Can Talk" sign language series. As a toddler, she loved "The Letter Factory".
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:46 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• i love noggin my dd is 3 & that is all she watches. for lil lil ones go w/sesame street or something w/lots of music and bright colors but only for a little bit
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Noggin is it! My DD loves just about everything on there... especially Oswald.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 11:53 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• We have the Babys First TV channel. They have all kinds of programs on there. They teach sign language, spanish, colors, shapes, puzzles. My dd is 2 1/2 and still loves it.
    alyssasmom11007

Answer by alyssasmom11007 at 2:16 AM on Jun. 7, 2009