MTV is on crack Who agrees?

I am of course speaking of the Mtv Movie Awards. Just another thing they use to boost ratings because ever since they decided to liter the channel with nothing but stupid dating and reality shows, people have stopped watching. Because it's not MUSIC TELEVISION anymore! It's CRAP TELEVISION.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 6:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Entertainment

• Me, me, me!
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 6:45 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I meant I agree. lol What a moron. lol

Of course I was only like 13 or 14 when MTV first started. lol I loved videos back in the day. I guess I'm also one of the few people who does not think Sascha Baron Cohen is a genius! I think he's a complete moron and I'm sick of seeing his nakid a$$!!!
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 6:48 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I agree. I was just telling my dh that last night. I watched MTV 15 years ago when it was Music T.V.
    My 22 yr. old thinks its crap too!
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 6:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Even Vh1 is crap television now! What the hell happened to MUSIC TELEVISION! I think they should just change the names of Vh1 and Mtv to GARBAGE and DUMP television. Mtv being garbage and Vh1 being Dump because that's where washed up child celebrities wind up.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 8:04 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Ahhh the real MTV of our childhood. :0) Back in the day when it really was MUSIC television.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:15 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I'm old enough to have watched the first airing of MTV and was sadly disappointed in the programing MANY years ago. As you all have said, it ceased to be exclusivly "Music" TV a long time ago...
    rune2319

Answer by rune2319 at 8:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• CMT is slowly going down the tubes too! They play music till about 10am....then reality crap. Even worse then mtv and vh1 is that cmt reality crap is reruns from OTHER stations!!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:50 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I agree with you, momof030404...why is Nanny 911 and the World's Strictest Parents being aired on CMT? My SO asked me that the other day! lol
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Do any of the 'video' channels even play video's anymore?
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 11:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I remember watching MTV when it was videos - granted, I was wee little, and my parents watched it back in the 80s... but anymore... I'd rather spend the little extra money I have on the internet - I can watch whatever videos I want whenever I want, and no stupid reality shows.

MTV/VH1, etc....needs more metal. I'd shell out the money and get cable if MTV played bands I liked and showed concerts or live feeds from metal fests in Europe. But no... we get more reruns of the Hills, or some trainwreck reality show, no offense if you like that stuff.

And if you like other music - They could make other channels that do the same things - lotsa vids, interviews, and concerts, for every genre of music. Oh, and documentaries. I think even one or two MUSIC focused reality shows (ie "making of" a concert or album) would be okay too.

MTV used to be so awesome ... and so was VH1. :( Sorry for the rant.
    aridattebayo

Answer by aridattebayo at 11:32 AM on Jun. 3, 2009