would you tell your friend she is wearing the wrong clothes for her body type?

a friend od mine wore this skin tight short cotton dress ans she a big girl. she would be sexy if she wore thr right clothes, ive seen bigger girls who look stunning.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Of,course,thats what real good friend would do,I would rather tell her,than someone else tell her in a mean way.Like, I had to my oldest DD,baby,don't wear those jeans no more,you look so much better in a dress or skirt. Also,remember,it's the way you say it,that's important.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I would nicely say that it isn't as flattering but it also depends on your friendship...if your much smaller she could take offense to it
    SCrockett

Answer by SCrockett at 6:48 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• if your just around the house hanging out then no, but if we are going out and what she is wearing doesn't look right on her than yes i would tell her my opinion NICELY, and help her find something else
    army_wife_916

Answer by army_wife_916 at 6:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Hmm this is a tricky one. Usually my best friend asks me my opinion on what she wears before she wears it, so I have a chance to say "yes I like that" or "no pick something else." However I don't know if I would be able to flat out tell her "maybe you should pick something else" if she didn't ask me first. But in the same respect I would want her to tell me if I looked bad in something even if I didn't ask her opinion. Does your friend wear tight clothes often or was it just this one incidence? If it was just this one time, or she doesn't do it often I probably wouldn't say anything, but if she does it all the time, maybe you could suggest you guys do a day of shopping and you can "help" her pick things out or suggest certain styles? That way you wouldn't have to directly tell her the clothes she's wearing look bad.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• If she's a good friend of mine then yes I will be honest with her.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:53 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• No I wouldn't, But I would say, Hm, I'll bet that dress would look great on you. Or, while watching TV or out for lunch or shopping with her, I'd say I wish I could wear what that lady has on but I have the wrong body type, and so forth. This way she saves face, isn't embarrassed, and I'd be helping her out. We could even shop around a bit and I'd pick out things that I thought would suit her and suggest that she try them on. To just come out and say that looks bad on you, that would hurt her feelings, so I'd do it in a roundabout way.

Answer by Bmat at 6:57 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I'd want someone to point out my muffin top or whatever,so I will with my friends to help them avoid stares!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Maybe go clothes shopping with her, and try to steer her towards more flattering cuts? Really RAVE about the stuff that works on her, and be apathetic towards the no-nos. I think that in an area where so many of us are VERY self-conscious, positive reinforcement goes a long way.
    guitarlove

Answer by guitarlove at 7:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Only if you are ready to hear what she thinks of your clothes ;)
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 7:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• yes I would tell her. how you do it will depend on your friendship. As for me && my best friend, I would just be like i don't like that on you, _____ looks better.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 7:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2009