we want to take my son to the san diego zoo for his 10th bday in oct, well at that time our soon to be new born will only be 2 months old. Is this safe for a new born baby?

cleo2582

Asked by cleo2582 at 6:50 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Why wouldn't it be? Just keep him in a stroller with a blanket protecting him from the sun.
    Anonymous

• Yes, it's safe. The most worrisome thing will be the weather. It still gets hot in October.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:53 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• We took our 1 month old to a major league baseball game and had no problem. I'd stick him in a sling and let him look around, he'd probably enjoy the different sights and sounds :)
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 6:54 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• San Diego Zoo is one of the best zoo's in the country. All the exhibits are safe and well kept, the whole town has a family friendly atmosphere. The weather is gorgeous most of the time. I know you and your family will have wonderful memories of the trip. If you could make some time to take him to the beach, La Jolla is gorgeous, you will love it there. I have no reservations taking a newborn to the San Diego Zoo, it is clean, safe, fun, family oriented and overall a wonderful adventure for all ages.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 6:58 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• yeah jsut keep him out of the sun...he should be fine. I wouldn't worry about germs since it's outside and people don't really bother you at the zoo. have fun=)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:15 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• no sun screen till they are 4 months old so just be careful
    Anonymous

• i never heard of no sun screen till 4 months why is that? i am curious
    mrswarner08

Answer by mrswarner08 at 2:10 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I never heard of no sun screen until they are 4 months old but a quick call to your pediatrician should give you facts. As far as protection from the sun at San Diego Zoo, you can take one of those carry on the front kind of things, (like a kangaroo) and a sun umbrella that should be plenty in addition to long pants, long sleeves. It is fun safe very clean and a wonderful place, share your pics.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 1:30 PM on Jun. 5, 2009