• In the Spotlight:

best wrap for a newborn?

i have a 3 1/2 yr old and a 12 day old. i'm looking to get a wrap style carrier to carry him around in. that way i don't have to get a double stroller b/c shes almost to a point where shes not in one anyways. i would like something that is easy to put on and so that i don't have to hold onto him, preferably $40 or under.
and is there one that would make it possible for me to pick my daughter up while he is in it and it still be safe? not to actually carry her around, more to stick her into a shopping cart kind of thing, my husband is deployed so when i go anywhere its just me and can't have someone else keep an eye on her or carry her so i need to be able to put her into a cart while grocery shopping etc....

vabchmommy

Asked by vabchmommy at 6:55 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a Moby and I LOVE IT!! It's around $40, too, so it's in your price range. I actually have a pouch sling and a ring sling and I had a front pack and the Moby is my favorite thing out of all of them. I'd say you could probably lift your toddler to put her in a cart or something, although I personally have never tried it :) There are some really expensive carriers out there, but I'm a fan of the Moby!
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 6:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I have a hotsling and don't care for it...it was never stretchy enough. Im going to get the sleepy wrap. people seem to love it.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:14 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I can't say enough good things about the Wrapsody wraps. I wear my baby (now toddler) in it all the time, and am still able to lift and tend to my older kiddos safely. I found the Wrapsody Stretch wraps to be way more supportive than the Moby. The Moby is great for very young babies, but once you hit about 15 lbs it requires a lot more adjusting. The Wrapsody Stretch is comfortable and supportive up to 35 lbs (or more) and can be safely used for back carries - something I wouldn't do with my Moby. I also have a Breeze and love them both.

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 7:23 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• You can also wear your newborn in an unpadded ring sling (which I love love love) if that might be more something you'd like, they are slightly easier to learn to use. I've worn a newborn in an Asian-style baby carrier as well, while lifting my other kids; I have a New Native pouch as well and while I love it for some things, wearing a newborn in it isn't one of them.

I highly suggest checking out The Babywearer, you can find info on the different carriers and reviews and feedback on the different brands.

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 7:25 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Moby Moby Moby Moby. Moby. Yes, the Moby!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:23 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• i made my own no sew wrap. it only cost $15 for the fabric and was so easy!! i love it!!! www.wearyourbaby.com has great instuctions
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 2, 2009