what is the weirdest food you have ever eaten?

i was talking to my friend the other day and we were comparing things that we like to eat. she is from kentucky and i am from south alabama. i was telling her that i have eaten (and love to eat) frog legs, squirrel, crawfish, etc. and i know people that eat alligator, snake, etc etc. she thought it was strange. lol. so what kind of "strange" foods do you eat? has anyone ever tried any of the things listed above?

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 6:58 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've eaten alligator. It was kind of chewy, and tasted like chicken.

The weirdest thing I've ever eaten would be either quail or cow tongue. Euck.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I haven't eaten anything as crazy as alligator or squirrel but I did have an x boyfriend introduce me to peanut butter and bacon sandwiches. I thought it would be so disgusting but actually it is SOOOOO good! Naturally I don't eat it often because it is probably 5,000 calories but if you ever want to try something different, I def. suggest peanut butter and bacon! YUMMMM
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:04 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• my husband is from LA so i've tried crawfish, bouddin (is that spelled right?), and alligator, don't like any of them. otherwise i've had calamari and thats about it.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:04 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Pickled turkey gizzards, probably. And I liked 'em!
    Also, my roomie in college was from Hawaii, and once made a dish called spam wusabi (or something like that). It was spam and rice wrapped in seaweed. I loved it!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 7:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I ate snails, or I should say "snail" a friend pushed into trying one. It tasted like the garlic buttter it had been cooked in.

Squirrel is strange? We used to have squirrel all the time when I was growing up. My husband thinks that steamed crab is strange. I raise an eyebrow at the crawfish that my girlfriend loves.

Answer by Bmat at 7:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I ate Alligator tails in Florida one time, at a VERY fancy restaurant.
    Anonymous

• Escargo(snail) thats about the extent of my crazy food that I've tried. Btw, I didn't care for it.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 7:17 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My mom used to make me and my brother eat cow tongue. OMG soooo grose! She thought this green (I think apple) jelly would make it better. NOT!!!!

My daughter (such a wierdie) wanted this lollipop with a scorpion in it. (We live in Az so they're in all the gift shops) So we bought it for her. I totally thought when she got down to it she wouldn't want it anymore. NOPE she ate the whole thing scorpion and all! I still can't believe it! BTW for those that don't know the do cut the poisionus barb off the end of the tail. So yes it was safe. But still grose if you ask me. My husband and I were just dumbdified. She was just laughing. "Look how much I ate now!" She would say.
    No more gift shops for her. lol J/K
    Dorothy24

Answer by Dorothy24 at 7:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I dated an Asian guy and I've eaten pig ear (gross, kinda crunchy) and bitter melon. It's GROSS!!!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 7:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• sfwilson: my daughter is part Hawaiian, and she eats Spam Musube all the time when she visits, she thinks it's real Japanese food, lol! I've never tried it, and don't think I want to, lol!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 7:23 PM on Jun. 2, 2009