What do you do if you tried everything while being pregnant you just cant help your mood swings and i feel terrible because im taking it out on the people i love

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• just apologize for it and tell them that you really are trying to not go off on them but that you have no control. people are usually understanding, in my house we made it a joke, when i felt myself getting close to the deep end i'd tell my husband "i'm about to take a dive off the big diving board so you need to back off for a bit and let me be" and he would either run the other way or stop whatever it was that was driving me nuts at the time. for little ones just tell them that you need a time out until you calm down, they don't get mood swings but they get needing a time out
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• ok but what if they say its an excuse
    rainingglass101

Answer by rainingglass101 at 7:22 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I just asked a similar question the other day. The answers I got seemed to help a lot. When you feel like you're about to explode, or you just have, leave the room for like 5 minutes and go do something that will make you forget what you are mad about. You have to understand that if your loved ones snap back at you, it is only because they aren't used to it and are taken back by it. Just sit them down when you're feeling calm and explain to them that you can't control your emotions right now, and if you snap, they or you need to leave the room for a few minutes so you can re-group. By the time you sit down and think about what you snapped about, it wont even make sense to you at all. Good luck!
    SammyJoB

Answer by SammyJoB at 7:27 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• oh, a cup of coffee may help, also. Caffiene cheers you up a little bit. Just one cup though, no more than that. And NO DECAF.
    SammyJoB

Answer by SammyJoB at 7:28 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• ok thankyou ill try im desperate and im just feeling terrible
    rainingglass101

Answer by rainingglass101 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• i agree, if they keep telling you its an excuse just try to explain things when you aren't moody. and if there are certain things that trigger it (for me with my second constant tapping or not sitting still drove you nuts) ask them to try to cut back and try to hold your tongue or leave the room before you explode. and when you calm down come back and just say hey could you stop, i know its crazy but that is driving me nuts...
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:34 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• i just dont wanna take ouit anything on my husband anymore and i always say sorry and i just wanna cry for doing this knowing i cant help it and he says that i can
    rainingglass101

Answer by rainingglass101 at 7:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2009