Refusing one side??

My daughter is just over 3 months, and the past few days she has been refusing to eat from my right breast.
She'll be hungry, and I keep putting her to the right side because I'm worried it's going to dry up. But she just keeps fussing untill I give her the left side.
What could be the reason for this? What can I do?
Thanks!

BambiF

Asked by BambiF at 7:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try a different position if you haven't already. Do a foot ball hold maybe
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:29 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Ya I tried that because the first week she was born she refused the right side too, but any position I try she just isn't into it.
    Between the first week and afew days ago she would eat both sides in any position.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 7:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• my 2nd and 3rd babies ate on only my right side after about 3 months. i tried to encourage them to take both but the left went dry both times. they still had plenty to eat, grew just fine. it did make me feel akward about the size difference but it is managable!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• If nothing else maybe you could use a pump on the other side until she wants to nurse there. That way you won't have to worry about drying up or becoming too full.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 10:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2009