What can i do to help my 2 year old get potty trained?

ATBABYMEADOWS

Asked by ATBABYMEADOWS at 7:38 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I bought my son his own potty and set it in the bathroom. He always follows me in there when I pee so when he seen his potty I told him "That's where you go potty!" He looked at me like "yea ok mom!" But after 3-4days of seeing it he was curios & wanted to sit on it. So I pulled his diaper off and set him on it then I went and peed and told him "go potty like mommy is". It took a few times then he started grabbing his crotch and saying "pee pee" and would use it 2-3 times a day. It's been a month since he's used it though. But I've talked to a lot of moms (of boys and girls) and was told that it is totally normal for them to get the hang of it, then just not want anything to do with it. Best of luck to you and you LO.
    Anonymous

• There are soo many different ways. Each one of my kids I had to use a different thing. I've done sticker charts, cold-turkey big boy pants, a kitchen timer, and simple praise. My girl proved to be the easiest out of everyone and my second son the easiest of the boys. If nothing is working, I would say wait a little bit and try again. My 4 yr old wasn't trained until 2 months before his 4th birthday and my girl was trained in a week. Take your cues from your son is the best advice I can give, and have a lot of patience.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 9:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• oh this easy have a daughter myself and fully potty trained at 2.5 yrs old. and this is the crash course and works wonders for potty training girls... ask yourself this question...does your child know and won't pee or poop on the floor if so make sure you introduced the potty chair if you have let her go naked she will know she doesn't have anything on and that she has to go and doesn't have a choice because if you put panties on her she'll feel as if she has a diaper or some sort of covering where she thinks its ok. when you do this make sure that when ever you go to the bathroom you take her with you with the potty chair and go potty with her even if she don't have to go....
    IceyAngel6966

Answer by IceyAngel6966 at 9:17 AM on Jun. 3, 2009