why is my 6 month old suddenly EXTREMELY fussy??

Okay, so I'm at a loss. My daughter will hit her 6 month mark right on the 7th, and this week has suddenly became a different baby. Usually very happy, easy going, champion sleeper has morphed into whiny, fussy, and screamy ESPECIALLY at night or when we put her down for a nap.

Here's the info I'm working with.
Maybe she's teething?...but I feel absolutely nothing in her mouth. No bumps, nothing different and definitely nothing that feels like teeth. Can teeth be really low? She's drooling a bunch and chewing on everything, but hey, she's been doing that for 2 months now.

She has no fever, and mainly just gets upset when we go in her room and start the routine to put her down. And then REALLY upset when I actually do put her down

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would guess she's teething. Try some orejel or teething tablets.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 7:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• hmm, do you think she might have an ear infection? I work at a Ear Nose and Throat clinic and I know its worse on babies when they lay down with a ear infection. Thats one thing. Another may be shes just getting a bit clingy. Seems to be it just happens sometimes out of the blue. I dont know. Hope you figure it out soon!!
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 7:53 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Is it only when you put her to bed? OR, is she cranky throughout the day?
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 8:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• its during the day as well
    Anonymous

• I would guess teething if she isn't showing any other signs of being sick. Sometimes teething takes forever in some babies and quicker in others. Or she may be realizing that you are separate from her. Separation anxiety they say usually starts around 7 months, but that don't mean it can't start earlier. That could be why she's fussing at naps and bedtime because she realizes you are going to leave, but hasn't caught on that you will be back. I've been dealing with this with my son who is now 10 months since he was 6 and 1/2 months old.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 9:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I think its teething my 6mo son is acting the same way. I but a wet wash cloth in the freezer and then let him chew on that or rub it on his gums and that seems to work for a lil bit. and as far as being fussy when putting him down i just think its because he is fighting his sleep ill hold him until he cryies himself to sleep its hard but i don't know what else to do
    Dallasgurl2010

Answer by Dallasgurl2010 at 11:16 AM on Feb. 1, 2010