What temp. to get into pool

How hot does it have to be before you all allow your children to swim in their kiddie pools? I really want to let my daughter in her new pool and just seeing it makes her want in it, however, i dont want to put her in it if its going to make her sick or something. Dunno, i just need opinions please.

MommytoAngel08

Asked by MommytoAngel08 at 7:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• just warm enough so that you'd be comfortable in it, just remember that the water coming out of the hose is going to be alot colder than it would be in a month or so. i'd say about 88 degrees would be an ok temp to let her go swimming just make sure when shes done she dries off or goes inside and gets dressed before playing outside more.
    doesn't hurt to give it a shot and if she says shes cold (or showing signs of being cold but not telling u b/c she wants to play) take her out and tell her you'll try again another day
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• my neighbor used indoor water to make it warmer... but said it took about 30 minutes to fill it up... but that's an idea!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 8:03 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Fill up the pool a few hours before you plan to use it and put it in the sun to warm up. If its a nice day and the water is warm 85ish that seems fine.

On a side note....last summer the I wanted to have swim lessons at my house but the instructor said that for toddlers and babies the water had to be 92.
    Noahsmama1206

Answer by Noahsmama1206 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Our indoor pool place advertises 80 degree water.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:47 PM on Jun. 2, 2009