for SAHM's

Are you a sahm b/c you want to be or b/c you have to be. I stay at home, but I sometimes wish I had a job. There's just nothing that pays enough where I live. I would just be working to pay a babysitter. I love being with my girls and watching them grow, but sometimes I just need to be aroud grown ups.

NicMorgan

Asked by NicMorgan at 7:54 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• I agree with you! I am a SAHM because I choose to and I am proud of that! I refuse to let strangers watch my kids for hours at a time. I even worry about my son being at school without me being there! But I sometimes need the adult interaction also...
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 7:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I'm sort of a SAHM, I work a few hours here and there as a classified sub for the district. If I could find a good full time job, I would take it. I will probably work part time, or sub regularly in the Fall, and hopefully start my masters next summer. As soon as I have my masters I will work full time. I really enjoy my time with my daughter, but I also love to work in the schools. Ideally, this Fall, I will work as a para in the mornings while DD is at preschool. That way I'm not paying for daycare, I'm making some money, and I don't miss out on time with her, one can dream anyway! : )

I'm not cut out for being a full time SAHM, the more free time I have, the more lazy I seem to get. I need to keep busy! Somehow makes me a better parent, and wife for that matter.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 8:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• that is the reason why I go to the gym, for that adult communication. I know what your talking about! I get bored and often times wish I was working again. I worked for 13 yrs and after I had my 2nd child we decided that I would stay home. It is 2 much for daycare and I was commuting, so by the time I paid for gas and a sitter it was cheaper and easier for me to stay home. Maybe you should get out and meet other stay at home moms. I go to the gym but I have a friend who takes her little one to the library for reading time.

determind

Answer by determind at 8:03 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I'm more of a sahm because I'm in the same situation as you. I'm working on my degree while I'm here so someday I can get more time away from home!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:04 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I am a SAHM of three girls and I love it but I too need the adult conversation so I started my own home based business selling gold canyon candles. I love it and it is so easy and just fun! I get to go out to other people's houses and have adult conversations plus I make money doing it!! :)
    Tarabon

Answer by Tarabon at 8:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I am a SAHM by choice. I finished my degree and quit my regular day job. I went the home business route and I love the flexibility. It is work, but it's on my time schedule and I get the grown up interaction through my business as well.
    bizlady

Answer by bizlady at 8:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I've done both. I worked before because I was a single parent, but now I stay home because it makes more sense for my boyfriend to work because my job I would just basically cover daycare and nothing else. I liked working because it did give me a break and adult conversation, but I also like staying home and not having to worry about requesting days off for school stuff or calling in when a kid is sick. I am going back to school anyway too because that way I will have something to do when all of them are in school. Plus, just in case something happens to my boyfriend at work ( he's a cop) I will have something to be able to support my kids.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 9:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• So get a part time work at home job. I know several good ones, I list the free ones at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I'm a stay at home mom both because I want to be and because I have to be due to a sick child. I have tried every internet business out there and have lost tons of money.
    The only real job I've found to make actual real money, is by selling AVON online. I'm an eRepresentative and Sales Leader, and the higher up on the ladder you go, the more money you'll make. You can get signed up for a simple $10 if you meet with your district manager face to face or $20 to sign up strictly online. I have been getting a lot of recruits lately, because like us, they're home with the kids, yet need some extra income, and time to be around adults too.
    If you're interested, you can visit my online store at

www.youravon.com/dbulger --or my personal email is m.dee.bulger@gmail.com

Avon can fix you your own online store and get you all set up. Let me know if you're interested, and I'll find a District Manager in your area
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• to get you started. You can also sign up on my website : www.youravon.com/dbulger
    and I'll make sure you get a contact call from someone in your area.
    Thanks.

It's really easy to sell. and it's a proven company. Everyone has heard of Avon !!!
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 10:38 PM on Jun. 2, 2009