circumsizing baby boys?

Without writing a novel, what's your take on this? The only plus I see is not having to worry about them pulling back and washing properly.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 8:07 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• how the heck do you regrow a foreskin rofl
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:34 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My babys circumcized, its cleaner. Easier for me to teach him to clean. And nowadays its the NORM...jurys still out on if sex is better with the forskin or not!! who knows..
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I felt weird about messing with my boys junk, so it was easier to keep him clean, and to teach him how to keep clean. Also I stepped pout of myself as a mom and thought as a woman (not trying to sound creepy) And thought about him future wife. I know I prefer circed men, and a lot of woman I know do. So yeah that's why I choose to circ him.

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 8:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I think its more sanitary to be circumsized. You are more likely to get an infection there because it may not be as clean. Plus, i believe there was something that I read about uncircumsized men were more likely to get some sort of cancer...im not sure if it was prostate cancer or what. Dont mark my words on that though.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 8:11 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Mine are not, it's cleaner, not hard to teach them how to clean themself at all.
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 8:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I think it's easier to keep clean. Also, the few moms I know that choose not to later regretted it because of the infections since it was harder to clean.
    lilkgfan

Answer by lilkgfan at 8:14 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I'm personally against it. I don't like the idea of inflicting that kind of pain on such a young baby, esp when you can't explain why it's happening to them.
    That's just for ME and MY BABY, however. I don't give a damn what other people choose, I'm certainly not going to judge them for it.
    guitarlove

Answer by guitarlove at 8:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• my 2 boys are. mostly so that they don't look different from daddy. sure, there's other reasons, but that and cleanliness are tops.
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 8:34 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I chose to do mine for a number of reasons. Dh is so it would pose a whole lot of questions later when he realized he was different that daddy. Cleaning was another reason and like EarthMama I viewed how it would be for him later in life. Showering in the locker room and with women way way way later in life, lol. There's no right or wrong decision. They each have their pros and cons and it boils down to the parents decision.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 9:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I didn't want them to look different from daddy either, I guess. And in all honesty....they are really not going to remember it anyway.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 9:08 PM on Jun. 2, 2009