Anyone tried weight watchers?

Just curious as to everyones opinion on this and if you think its a good plan.

loving_life508

Asked by loving_life508 at 8:17 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• We did WW online and it worked for both myself and the hubs. :) It uses a point system, which may seem a little odd when you decide to quit the diet but it helped me learn how to count calories which was something I had never done before. Their foods are easy to buy at Walmart, Kroger, etc. and are priced comparably and tastes really good.

Online you get really good tools to help you stay on track. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:37 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I haven't but i've been told that it's great. I had been thinking about it myself and the gals that told me about it said it was nice, didn't take up too much time, was helpful with meal ideas, it's only girls in the gyms and stuff, there are people there to help you learn to use the machines and guide you with work out plans. I dunno, to me, it sounded like something that could work in my life.
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 8:53 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• tried jenny craig and is good i lose 5 pounds in one months. you should tried that i love.
    kalala385

Answer by kalala385 at 1:01 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• yes wieght watchers works! you learn how to do the program and the fat starts to melt right off and you are never really hungry (if you eat right) and you do n't have to go on any liquid diet.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 10:26 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 11:57 AM on Jun. 3, 2009