Am I overreacting??

Last year I attended a family event with my husband's family. We had just had our second child who was approx. 1 month old. During the event My MIL was holding my baby and then gave the baby to her youngest son(25), who is a drug addict and was obviously high at the time. I was furious!! I immediately took my son away from him. Since then, I'm just not comfortable with her keeping my children without me being present and my husband has a problem standing up to her. I feel it was very irresponsible of her. Of course she keeps telling my husband I overreacted...I don't think so!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't either
    Anonymous

• You are a mom. It's about how YOU feel, there is no "over-react" when it comes to your instincts and the safety of your child. It sounds like your MIL might have a little bit of a problem with denial.

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Unfortunately i think u may have overreacted in snatching the baby back, he was in your prescence, and not much couldve gone wrong, aside from droping the baby...i completely agree with you not wanting her to have ur baby ne more unatended but in that instance...yea overreaction....
    Anonymous

• wow um idk what to say ....your the mom so your feelings should be respected but ...
    Anonymous

• what drugs? i hope that's not just an assumption,
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• No you are not overreacting at all thats your child and what if something happened. Your hubby needs to grow a back bone and stand up for you and your child....Thats hes child to.Right?!
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:26 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Answered at 8:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 by:

* staciandababy

Herione Girl!
    Anonymous

• Anon 8:22
    So dropping a baby is ok??
    Anonymous

• I don't think your over reacting at all. I would do the same
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:40 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Do what you feel is right. If you're uncomfortable, have you and your husband set up the rules. Its your children. They are only little once, there are no do-overs.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 8:40 PM on Jun. 2, 2009