for witches

Do your spells really work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I've had one even backfire on me. That wasn't fun....lesson learned, but that was in the beginning of my practice. It's trial and error basically as anything you do in life, you have to practice practice practice and never give up.

It's like prayers...I believe that prayers(which I pray too) can work just as much as spellwork. It's the use of energy basically and you are focusing on a certain need(healing) or goal(new job) and if it is not against the free will of another it can happen. it may not happen in the time frame you wish it too, but with much work and thought anything is possible and can manifest eventually.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 8:29 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• sometimes. It is all about small changes to you and the world around you. I have never been able to make large changes, like levitating and stuff like that.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 8:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• yes they do but not all the time you just have to practice alot intill you get it right
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 8:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Do you have evil and good spells? How do they work?
    Anonymous

• Usually if a spell doesn't work, it's because there was something going on inside myself - so if it's not working then it's a call to myself to become more aware of what's "blocking" that energy within my thoughts or emotions.

I never do evil spells, and would never. I believe that if you send out evil, anger, revenge, hate, envy, then that's the level that you're vibrating at, and that's what you'll end up getting back from the Universe. Getting centered in a place of joy and peace is essential to my spellwork, and from that place evil spells aren't even a possibility.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 9:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• a spell is very similar to a Christian prayer, or meditation..

it's about what you put into it. If you believe enough.. almost anything is possible.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:35 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Ive had some success, yes.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:46 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• At first it was a hit and miss thing for me. Some spells worked and some didn't. The ones I wrote myself always worked but if I did one verbatum from a book or internet then the spell either didn't work or it would back fire.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:53 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I've had a better success rate with spells than prayers, personally.
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• And i have to add that had I or any other non-christian posted a similar question to this "For Christians- Do your prayers really work?" there would have been bashing from both sides.
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 2, 2009