What do you recommend when your child has diarreah and vomiting?

He is 7 yrs. old and said he did not feel good I gave him alittle pepto bismal and some baking soda with some water mixed to make him burp it out. Rubbed his belly.

It helped alittle but then he threw up anyway...What do I do now?
I am making him some ramen noodles (he loves those) with some crackers or dry toast. What do you think about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My son is 7 Igive him gatorade and water.
    mommyof302

Answer by mommyof302 at 1:39 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• TACO
    Toast, Applesauce, Crackers, Oatmeal
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 8:26 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• pedialite for hydration, other than that i have no clue..but they dehydrate quickly...give him what you give preg ladies with nausea...saltine crackers and bland food..gingerale if he can handle it...but try the pedialite first
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:27 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• i wouldn't make ramon noodles, b/c they are so salty that may upset his tummy more. you could try soup or just not using all the flavor or extra water in the ramon so its not as concentrated. otherwise lots of water to prevent dehydration. popscicles if he won't take the water.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• water
    chamomile
    ginger tea

Answer by rkoloms at 8:33 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Pedalite, mine always like popcicles when they are sick. I don't really push the idea of food but some crackers if they will and a light soup like chicken broth. Just push the fluids mainly
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I'd suggest pedialite for fluid intake, acidophlis (sp??) to help with the digestive track mo jo and of course the BRAT diet.... works every time....

B R A T
    a i p o
    n c p a
    a e l s
    n e t
    a
    s
    Anonymous

• Go grab the Walmart brand of Pedialyte, it tastes MUCH better... give him whatever he wants to eat..

Dont give him baking soda in water, it could literally blow him up. (my mom used to give me that all the time until she talked to my doc)
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 6:25 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• You can make your own pedialyte to:
    4 cups water 1/2 cup orange juice 4 tbs. sugar and 1/2 tsp. salt.

I was also told the BRAT diet: Bananas Rice Applesauce (with pectin) Toast.

Emetrol is an over the counter anti nausea med.

Other than that all you can do is let it run its course and try to keep him hydrated.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:14 PM on Jun. 3, 2009