Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child care in your home....

I am would like to babysit this summer, (I work in the school system and will be off during summer) I would like to do child care but in the families home. I think it would be more convinent for the parents and for myself because my kids are grown and the house is not so child proof anymore. My question is what is a decent amount of money to ask for? Do I ask for mileage if so how much? Ideas will be most welcomed
Thank You

Answer Question

Asked by Fedup100 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (1)
  • i wouldn't ask for mileage that to me would be included w/your pay, just like w/your regular school job you don't get extra money for gas ya know? unless you take the kids on day trips to museums, pool etc than in that case you could ask for money to pay for their food, admission and possibly some gas money depending on how far it is. otherwise, i don't know a good amount to ask for pay wise, but take into consideration you aren't paying for food, or any other regular supplies so its just payment to watch the kids.

    Answer by vabchmommy at 8:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.