i'm really scared

I have been posting about my son having pnuemonia for a while now. Tomorrow is his check up appt and I really don't think he has gotten any better...in my opinion he is worse. I pick him up and I can feel his whole lung cage rattle. I want to take him to the ER but then again he has an appt at the dr tomorrow at 2. I don't know what I should do. He is acting fine but sounds so terrible. I am really afraid he is going to have to hospitalized but then again i don't know for sure. Any advice?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 8:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• call a nurse hotline and ask them that
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• you're his mother, you know him better than anyone in the world. if your motherly instinct tells you to go to the ER tonite, then go. not to make you feel worse or bring you down the least bit, but if something were to happen between now and his dr. appt. tomorrow, you would feel awful knowing that you were GONNA go to the ER but ya didn't .. ya know what i mean? you sound like a great mommy though, if you didn't care you wouldn't have posted that. good luck and i hope your lil guy starts to feel better!!
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 8:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• TAKE HIM. if you have insurance taking him cant hurt. theres such thing as walking pnumonia...my aunt had that. she could manage moving around but she sounded awful!!! 2 is a long ways away for a small body
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• don't second guess yourself. it's better safe than sorry. my son had acute bronchitis when he was only a few months old and i didn't know for sure if he was going to be okay or not but i took him and that's the diagnosis they gave me. he was in the hospital for like a week on IV and these breatheing tubes. i was so happy we went
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 11:07 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• if you do take him to the er and they do put you into the hospital he'll go to the nicu or even the picu they would take good care of him. i should know my son was hospitalized for 4 months if he looks like his having troblem breathing take him in they will take good care of him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Go with your gut sweetie!I just had 3 of my own with phenmonia.Ages 10,5,&18months it's very scary.Bless your heart :(
    cfrye29

Answer by cfrye29 at 1:42 AM on Jun. 3, 2009