Dealing

I am having trouble dealing with my wieght gain, I recently moved back to cali and have gained like 10 lbs and i'm starting to feel alot of anxiouty and un-healthy thoughts because of it. I am totally disgusted with myself. I have made my mind up that I am tired of this, I have to do something. I can't afford a gym membership and it's impossible to workout at home, being as , as long as I am here either my kids or my SO are gonna demand so much of my time, that i'm pooped at the end of the day. I am very unhappy and this is really affecting me in every way. Just venting, Thanx for listening!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Since they demand so much of your time, have lots of outside play time. Divide in teams and play soccer or something for at least 30 minutes.
    Anonymous

• dance in the shower and lift your kids instead of weights. watch the wiggles... lol stop stressing that'll just make you bigger
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• In order to get and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 11:56 AM on Jun. 3, 2009