Has anyone ever dealt with the overeating spectrum of eating disorders?

I have a REAL problem. I definitely eat for emotional reasons and I already see a councilor sometimes for depression/anxiety. I'm not overweight. I'm probably 10-15 lbs heavier than I want to be. I HAVE A REAL problem and I need help. I binge eat. I don't throw up. Its unstoppable. I shake, get irritable, can't think and hide my eating. If I didn't exercise or have good days where I ate healthy I would be overweight. I'm not asking for diet advice. I just want to know if anyone else has this problem. I'm convinced its real now and I don't know how to stop. I've even briefly considered checking in somewhere. That would be best, I just don't think I have the guts to do it.
Part of the problem is loneliness. The other is that I get stressed easily. I don't smoke to deal with it... I eat. I have tried other tactics *trust me!!! I am realizing that this is a much bigger problem than I thought.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Health

• yup, seek more professional help. and hell yes most women have gone through this. msg me if you want support.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I used to be extremely underweight - stayed underweight until my second child whom I breastfed. I realized I could "get away" with eating more and after I weaned him, I started turning to food every time I was stressed, bored, lonely, upset, or could think of any other excuse. Now, instead of being 30 to 40 lbs. underweight, I'm about 50 lbs. overweight. It sucks! I don't know how to stop the binge-eating. I have started tracking my foods on www.sparkpeople.com (a free weight-support website) and I've noticed a slight decline in my calorie intake, but I'm not sure it's going to be enough. Most days, I take in more than 3000 calories. I'm supposed to eat between 1500 and 1700 calories a day. So, to your question - no, you are not alone.
    Anonymous

• Go to an Overeaters Annonymous meeting as soon as you can! They are free and you will find many overeaters you can identify with. In a good group, you will see evidence of people dealing with their fears, anxieties and responses to the stressors of life in a healthy way because there will be stories of weight loss. I go to a group that has more than one member who has lost over 100 pounds and has kept it off for years. Try it and keep looking if the first group isn't appealing. Message me and I will tell you more if you like. You are not alone and there is hope for you. You are seeking help early on and that is a very positive thing.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 11:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2009