anyone know the average time frame it takes to........

conceive? Well after a year of no period I finally got it in may and have been diagnose with pcos, my gyno. gave us 6 mths to try naturaly if that fails he will perscribe something so like I asked how long can it take?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• PCOS is tricky. 90% of couples will concieve in a year without birth control. I'm not positive ont he exact stats for PCOS couples. My sister has the disease and it took her several years. She got on Clomid (an inexpensive fertility pill) and became pregnant rather quickly. The cysts that you have on your ovaries can keep the eggs from being released and can throw your entire system out of order. I know that when you want a baby it is so difficult to wait...I'm doing it now. However, there is hope and it's just a matter of the waiting. So much luck to you in your quest to have a baby!
    Mamainluvof4

Answer by Mamainluvof4 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Well, my husband and i have been trying for 2 1/2 years now and to my knowledge still no luck. I have always had irregular periods but for the last year i didnt have one. My gyn said it was the birth controll that caused my cycle to stop and it should return to normal soon but it didnt.
    I took the advice of a friend and took prenatal vitamins to aide in my fertilization and i soon started to get a regular cycle. Ive had a regular cycle for about 2 months and im hoping that i was successful conceiving.
    marriednokids

Answer by marriednokids at 10:15 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I have PCOS AND HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET PREGNANT FOR 4 1/2 years now. I was prescribed metaformin, for three months, and I take a pre-natal vitamin to increase my chances. My obgyn said that they would give me 3-6 months to continue to try on our own, after the medicine...I was given the metaformin because I had really irregular periods, and the medicine helped with that....but after that they would talk about my other options...fertility drugs, or IUI.
    A nurse at our local health department told me that IUI...or inter-uterine-insimination(SP?) only costs like $300...SO WE MAY LOOK INTO THAT!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Jun. 3, 2009