Milk Question, pertaining to my 1 year old.

Hello, I'm interested in knowing what percentage the whole milk should be, that I'm giving to my 1 year old. I've got 2 container's that are 3.25 percent..but I've noticed there's higher..which I gave him last week. I'm weaning him onto milk right now, off his formula..he'll be 1 in 2 weeks. Any suggestions as to what is considered better, and has been advised to you by your babies doctors? Is there really a diff as long as it's whole milk, It's also Vitamin D fortified and Organic. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my dr told me to use whole milk until the age of two then go to 2% or less.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 8:54 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My doctor and the doctors of my friends were told they can use skim, 1,2% or whole. If the child needs the fat from the milk, then do the whole milk. Otherwise it was our choice. Do what your doctor says.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 9:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Ya, I'm just curious at this point, before he goes to his 1 year check up and vaccinations. I always pretty much do what he say's, he's been great with my son so far!! Thanks ladies, I was just wondering if the percentage on the box really matters...or if whole milk is whole milk!! I think the fat content being the highest isn't the best though, my son is a good size boy, he was 10 lbs at birth!
    Anonymous

• i nursed my 3rd son until he was a little over 1yr. I did the same with all 3 boys. Dr. says whole milk until 2yrs. old then 2%. I gave my 3rd son milk about 2 wks after he turned one and he did fine with it.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I was just at the Dr. today with my 9 mo. old and we were told to put her on whole milk (no specific kind) unitl she's 2 then whatever kind of milk, they need the fatty acids in the whole milk for brain development.
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 10:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2009