It's been 13 months since i've had my baby and I STILL got the baby belly...

it's true, i don't work out and i don't watch what i eat. I have recently quit smoking and now i want to take the next step and get rid of this baby belly. I don't want to change what i eat, i just want to cut back. What i want to know is what sort of exercises can i do that can focus just on my baby belly

princessj05

Asked by princessj05 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• pilates or yoga are good exercises as well as walking! one exercise I've been doing which has really toned my tummy up is simply chasing my son around the living room while on all fours! really works the abs and we have so much fun! lol and eat lots of veggies and fruit!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 8:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Girl, you gotta start running. I have a 13month old to and that's the only way to get the bulge from the middle. I would try cutting back on sweets or very rich or high fatty, greasy food.
    That has helped me.
    I work out at the YMCA. Start taking your baby strolling around the neighboorhood and jump roping is good and its free if you don't want a gym membership.

I started drinking TONS of water and taking Revolution Abdominal cuts, it has really helped with the cellulite on my legs and sliming down the middle.

Good luck! :)
    mrstremblay

Answer by mrstremblay at 9:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 11:55 AM on Jun. 3, 2009