Abortion question... respect please

If you and your SO knew that having the child would cost you your life and most likely theirs, and you were unable to find this out until the 20th or so week, what would you do?

Please don't attack me for this. I know some may have the urge to but it really is just a question with no hidden message meant.

jmetz4

Asked by jmetz4 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• its your life dear, keep it.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:04 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I would opt to deliver early.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• but what if thats not possible? i wanted to ask a pro-life group but i couldnt find any contact info. i agree with that choice though...
    jmetz4

Answer by jmetz4 at 8:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• my question is how would it cost your SO their life?? they aren't the one carrying or delivering the child. && also, are you 100% sure that your life would end, there is no possible way around it??
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 8:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• adoption not an option? is keeping the baby the problem? or delivering?
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Well, at 20 weeks you are not that far from when the baby has a good chance of survival (there actually has been a baby to survive at 21 weeks). I would hold out as long as I could and have a c-section if possible at the last moment. My DH and I have actually talked about this and if it ever came down to it at the last minute, me or the baby, I would be the one to live. Some may think that to be selfish but we have other children that need their mom around.
    Anonymous

• i want to know what sweetkissez22 wants to know..
    is keeping the baby the problem, or the delivery?
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 9:03 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• No one is in any way ready for a baby. You should try first, and if you really really cannot do it, give your baby up for an open adoption =)
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 9:04 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• this isn't a question because i have to decide. i should have mentioned that. and worded the SO out of the losing life part.

this is just a question inspired because of all the talk inspired by Dr Titler's death. i have never had to face this thank god. so i dont know if you can be 100% sure if you would die. i have lots of questions about things like this.

and thank you to both you ladies for being so respectful
    jmetz4

Answer by jmetz4 at 9:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I would likely terminate the pregnancy. I have three kids now that need their mother. I think it would be the ultimate in selfishness to deprive them of their mom because I would be uncomfortable getting a late term abortion.
    The kids I have now are here and need me more than the baby that I would die carrying. If I am a horrible person for this then so be it.
    Somehow I don't think God would hate me for my choice.
    Anonymous