How and where do I apply for assisted living in Texas?

NO BASHING PLEASE!!!! IM NOT IN THE MOOD IM REALLY STRESSED! Im a single mom and I lived with my mother but she kicked me out. Im getting medicade right now because I dont have a job. I have heard about assisted living for single moms but I dont know where to apply or how to. Do you know?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 9:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ignore the anonymous meanies.
    A house of worship or hospital, even the Red Cross, can point you towards a social services organization that can help you.
    Good luck, and let us know how things are going.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:13 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• First I would look in the classified sections in your local newspaper that list EMPLOMENT. Then I would put on my big girl pants and realize that if I am big enough to have a child I am old enough to support my kid on my own and not expect the gov't to pay for a damn thing. Jesus Christ this type of give me attitude really pisses me off!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I don't live in Texas,but, I'm sure you can look in the yellow pages,try talking to a social worker at the clinic.Hold your head up,there are better days ahead.And,another thing,who would bash you,I have grown daughters,just because they are doing well today,don't mean,they may not need extra help in the future.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• K so when I say no bashing please because Im having a bad day, gives people the right to be even ruder? wow
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 9:16 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Yeah,anon907,she said no bashing,I hope you feel big now,knocking a person,when they are already down,YAY for the real jackass. Go to the red cross or a church,try talking to your mom again,she may just need time,and don't let jackasses like anon 907 get you down.
    Anonymous

• The OP is 19, There is no excuse why she doesn't have a job to support herself and child. There is a reason her mother kicked her out!
    Oh it's easier to cry poor me, isn't? Get a job OP and pay your own damn rent!
    Anonymous

• here in GA if you dial 211 from your phone, that connects you to all of the state's resources. maybe your state has that number too? And try using a search engine and type "Texas, assisted living" all states have emergency shelter. Best of luck.
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 9:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2009