weird symptoms, 30 wks

Ok. Pregnant with my 2nd, a boy this time, and wondering about things I didn't have the last time(5 years ago) when he moves, I can feel it in my butt, pain down there that's quick and stabbing, but brief, leaking when I sneeze, pain in the back, ribs, and lower sides, also sharp and brief. Should I be worried? Doctor treats me like a child when I ask questions about these things. I've had 2 hospitalizations they've gotten so bad, and he blows it off. First blaming it on round ligiment pain, then a pulled muscle. But my white blood cell count is way high. and I'm having serious allergies, to the point where my eyes swell and twitch. What should I do?

Mystic3885

Asked by Mystic3885 at 9:03 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 1st thing is get a new dr. Most of those are pretty normal, every pregnancy is different. But your blood cell count and no answers from your dr would be a huge concern if it was me.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I WOULD DEF. GET A NEW DOCTOR!!! YOUR PAYING THEM TO TELL YOU WHATS WRONG AND FOR THEM TO TAKE CARE OF YOU AND YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO TRUST ANYTHING THEY SAY! IM 25 WEEKS PREG WITH MY 2ND AND THIS TIME ITS A BOY ALSO, I HAVE A DD WHO IS 2. THIS ONE IS ALOT DIFFERNT THAT WITH MY DAUGHTER.
    candice0521

Answer by candice0521 at 9:46 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My oldest is a girl and that was 5 years ago also now I am having a boy and to be honest i dont remember having this much pain and swelling with her as I do him. Boys might be easier to raise but a girl was denfintly easier to carrie in my opion
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 9:58 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Get a second opinion. If you are just seeing a general practioner or family practice Dr. then make an appt. with an OB/GYN, if you are already seeing one of them then make an appt. with a different one for a second opinion!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 10:07 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I agree to get a new doctor. He/she sounds like a jerk and just because this isn't your first pregnancy, doesn't mean you have no/can't have any concerns!
    kv_8098

Answer by kv_8098 at 10:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Definately at LEAST get a 2nd opinion!! Personally I would find myself a new OB! Even in your last trimester is IS possible to get a new OB! Just explain how your current OB is acting and they should have no issues with taking you as a patient.
    As for all of your symptoms, most are completely normal. You could have round ligament pain OR sciatica (sp?) which is common in late stages of pregnancy. I would totally blame all the eye swelling and things on your allergies (which will cause your white count to go up). Sometimes those things worsen with pregnancy as well. Meaning they may be worse now than while you are not pregnant. But that still does NOT give your OB any excuse to treat you like that. He/she should be more than happy to address any issues you may have no matter how trivial they may seem to him/her!
    leanne_7845

Answer by leanne_7845 at 10:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Thank you all. I've been feeling like i need a new doc., but i didn't want to do it if I was just being paranoid.
    Mystic3885

Answer by Mystic3885 at 2:17 AM on Jun. 3, 2009