Were you spanked as a child?

We were and I don't think it hurt me any, and it didn't teach me to hit other people.

NicMorgan

Asked by NicMorgan at 9:07 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no, but i took a bath with mr. bubbles.
    Anonymous

• yes i was spanked and i don't hit other people. i have shitty memories of the wooden spoon but it didn't mess me up,
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I was beat with a belt several times. Does that count? I raise my children completely opposite of the way I was raised. I might not know how to raise children, but I know how NOT too!
    Anonymous

• Yes
    Anonymous

• I was spanked, not beaten, but spanked && it didn't cause me any damage. I think that it made me a better person, && I was definitely a better child. I knew what not to do, even if all the other kids around me were doing it. && it is how I will raise my child.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 9:16 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• No, I got my a$$ whooped!! Belt, flyswatter, whatever my momma could reach first!
    MadisonsMom0408

Answer by MadisonsMom0408 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• once and a while - I'm the youngest of 5 and so all of my older siblings say that I was hardly spanked cuz by the time my mum and dad had me they ran outta energy so when I did something naughty they wanted to spank me but that would require them to stop what they where doing, or get up to do it and most times they would just wave their hands and say "oh forget it". My sister who is next to me said that in my defense I was a really good kid and that I must have known that our parents were getting tired at the wopping old age of 34 & 36 when I came along. My oldest sister is 18 years older than I with youngest of my sisters that is next to me is 13yrs older than me. LOL Even tho my mum and dad believed in spanking they also used other forms of discipline too. That's how we were raised and we in turned raised/and raising our kids the same way. Spanking in our home is used but mostly on our youngest mixed with other forms
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I got the belt,switch, hand or whatever was handy when my parents thought I needed it and I turned out to be a good respectable person and I do use a belt on my kids when I think they need it but its only a couple swats on the butt. I think a good swat or two makes a kid think before they do something wrong again. I use the spanking remedy as a last resort thats when they know im not playing around.
    Anonymous

• Yes! I was Spanked! Beaten with A belt, A wooden spoon & what not! Chased with an old Hickory Butcher knife. Etc.... Sometimes A old Fashioned Spanking Helps A Child! But what I lived through wasn't Called For!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Yes I was and no it didn't hurt me a bit. What I did learn was that when you spank you do it as an effective manner of disipline. You don't strike out in anger. My children were spanked and have turned out beautifully. Not perfect, but wonderful just the same. I'm an ARMY Mom!
    peachqpti

Answer by peachqpti at 9:27 PM on Jun. 2, 2009