Can anbody else's little girl pretty much make paint peel with there little screams?

My 5 year old daughter does this wonderful (yeah right) high pitched scream when she is excited and I can kind of handle that, but when she gets mad or upset she has this high pitched shrill that is like nails on a chalk board. She gets mad and her voice goes up 5 octaves and she tries to talk but it just comes out as noise. Does anyone else want to pull their hair out when your daughter does this?

TeriMelisa

Asked by TeriMelisa at 9:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes! Yes I do! My daughter is soooo loud and she screams and cries the same way over everything. Just today I told her no she can't have anymore candy and the way she screams you would think I just beat her. I've actually been waiting for CPS to knock on my door.
    Anonymous

• yes, my SOs 2 yr old daughter does that. I have never heard the child actually cry. If she is hurt, mad, upset, doesn't get her way, or whatever it is ALWAYS this high-pitched bloody murder scream && it drives me nuts!! It physically hurts my ears && I'm like can't you just cry like a normal kid, lol.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 9:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Actually, my 3 yo SON has a scream like that. He loves to be chased, and sometimes I'll hide behind a corner and jump out (trust me, he loves it) but he has this scream that turns into a laugh that could break glass
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 9:26 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My 2yo dd could shatter glass!
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I know about the CPS thing. I know for sure the neighbors think she she is getting beat daily.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 9:37 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Shoot we call my son the siren. He could shatter glass.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I don't have a daughter, but I have a 5 yr old niece that has that irritating screech. My son is almost 13 and he can screech like a girl and I can't wait until his voice changes. LOL!! It's not just girls.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• sorry didn't mean to leave you mother's of son's out, I bet they can get loud too.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 10:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• i call that the dolphin scream. so high that dolphins miles away can detect it and reply.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 2:04 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Its not my girls but my SON!...LOL..hes 3 and because he has a bit of a speech delay and 3 aggravating siblings, he knows how to scream his head off. He cant just say...hey she took my toy. He has to scream at the top of his lungs to get my attention first. Its so annoying. We have started disciplining him for this because he sometimes screams for the heck of it. Especially in the car.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:42 AM on Jun. 3, 2009