What job would be..

Dh lost his job. Now he has decided to go back to school. Before Dh commits to anything what do you consider to be the up and coming job in the next few years? Dh has a BS degree already.

twilite2000

Asked by twilite2000 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• You can google terms like, "jobs in demand" or "fastest growing careers". With the changes in the recent years, it's smart for you guys to try to be prepared. Also, see what career may be connected with or related to the degree he already possesses. Best of luck! Oh! To answer your question, Pharmacy would be my first pick. Biggest bang for your education buck, and you can start out with a Bachelor's in Chemistry! The pay would be less though. Anyway, again, best of luck!
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 9:25 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Occupational Therapy is very hot in the health care industry.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 10:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• If he has Bach already and he wants to go back to school, then I suggest computer engineering or PLC. Thats the term you use for programming the computer to run machines or other devices. You can use that in literally every company. My husband is learning to do that but his companyis paying for it. Yes I agree with the pp. Pharmaceuticals is good. Not reps but in the actual pharmacy. ANythign in healthcare is lucrative. My dh is an electrician. He is state liscensed but he works for an industrial company. Hes thinking of getting into solar and wind power. Basically learning how to install these things on peoples homes since people are wanting to be green.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:40 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• In my opinion, he should start with what he likes/wants to do and then see what jobs are available in that field. Then, he can choose his education based on that. I've worked with people that got into my field only because it was a "hot" job at the time, and they weren't happy after a few years, and did not to stay in the field.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:14 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• If he has a Bachelor's degree already, his best best would be to start taking networking and security classes geared towards Cisco certifications.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:49 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• healthcare. Anything in healthcare. Xray tech, ultrasound tech, RN, LPN, Pharmacy, hospital administration...
    abs0726

Answer by abs0726 at 9:55 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Pharmaceutical Rep. You simply cannot beat it and there will always be a demand.
    Anonymous