Are u more mature than ur hubby?

Myhubby just locked himself in the bedroom to watch a tv show like a teenager. We have been fighting since the baby was born- he blasts the tv and I turn it down 2 notches lower and he has a fit. Our babysleeps in the next room and always wakes up when he turns on a comedy with loud laughing or a car race. We have tvs inother rooms but he likes to lay in bed and watch. He really pissed me off tonight cause I just put clean sheets and clean comfortor on the bed & now I have to sleep in babys room. Yes I know he works hard but so do i- i have a teething baby and he doesnt change a diaper, or feed him. I pack his luch, layout his work clothes,clean our house , make dinner every night, laundry etc.- we only eat out special days- I wrok hard too- Im tired every night. He doesnt want his schedule to change- he watches tv like before we had baby-tells me to take baby out of room-crying bothers him. Im tired of being the mature one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Oooooh yes, that sounds all to familiar...not that it is okay...oooooh, it's not. Is this your first child together? Sometimes a new baby can bring on unexpected stress. Or, how was your relationship before you had a baby? It definately sounds like you guys have some issues with communication and just plain getting along. I know you work hard. I have a 15 month old, stay home and have no time to myself because my husband wants to be left alone when he is home from work. He says, "I'm the one that works, I need time to relax." Yea...go figure. Just stay strong. You are doing a great job on your own. Just don't fight in front of the baby. It's probably the worst thing you could do. I'm sorry for you...and me! LOL.
    averys1mama

Answer by averys1mama at 10:25 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Sounds EXACTLY like when our dd was first born!!! It was HORRIBLE!!! I got SO mad at him SO much!! I was CONSTANTLY turning music or the tv down and he'd try to turn it back up! Every time our dd cried he'd complain about it!! I was like "SHE'S A BABY!!!!!" So i'd leave him and he's was like "but i wanna spend time with you! Can't you make her sleep!??" WTF!!!
    I'd make him breakfast in the morning, (his buddy was always over), then when he came home for lunch he'd bring 2 more friends and i cooked for them. And when dinner time came I had it on the table when he came home! Sometimes he ever brought a buddy home then too!!! Not only that, when i did his laundry, it had to be hung a certain way and the socks folded into a ball!
    Now he's deployed and has changed SOOO much! I used to be the mature one, idk anymore....
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Yes I am more mature than my husband, and it is frustrating as hell. I think he's starting to come around. I had to lay it out very logically for him like a lawyer and he seems to get it now, at least about parenting, he just needs constant reminding about everything else, and he's still REALLY selfish a lot of the times. But other than that he's good.. okay well we are having major problems.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 9:29 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Alot of first time daddies have no idea what they are doing, and rather then being an amazing father, they just resume there everyday life...baby starts crying and he hands them off to you? go out to eat with family and in the middle of dinner baby starts crying and of course u r the one who has to stop and care for the baby? .......There's sooo many things thats just a mothers instinct that a man doesnt have and they will just neverr know. and unfortunatly there is no medication a man can take to change...they all have that thing that drives us crazy
    shedevil121208

Answer by shedevil121208 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I feel for you. Been there and done that...and still deal with it occasionally. Mind you he has matured much since our first daughter almost 6 years ago. But that is because I didn't let him get away with it. Approaching the problem point by point even writing it out so he will understand really helps. I guess men are kinda dumb. Also I find it strange how when women need to get work done they ask, "honey could you watch the baby while I shower." However daddies just lay the baby down in the same room with you and go shower. If you did that too him they'd have a hissy fit. But anyway I stopped asking my husband to help with the children. Instead I treat him like he treats me...meaning I make the assumption that he wants to be a good daddy and I deal with him accordingly. I now walk up to him and hand him the baby and say, I'm off to shower...be back in a little bit....men are soo immature!
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 10:35 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I guess im the only one with a man who acts his age.. He was 28 when he had his first child, and never once has he complained, and we're going on to #3. I feel so sorry for you women who have men who act like that.
    Anonymous

• 100 times more mature and he is 3 yrs older than me he whines and plays video games all day
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 2:29 AM on Jun. 3, 2009