Is assassination justified?

Apparently, some pro-life fanatic (a radio show host) said that anyone who preforms abortions ("infanticide") is deserving of death.

He said that it would even justify assassinating the POTUS, and that Obama was a man 'deserving of death'.

What is your take on this?

(Both pro-life and pro-choice?)

Does the actions of a man who is, as he sees it, preforming a service that will prevent women from taking matters into their own hands regarding terminating unwanted pregnancies, justify murdering him? Or anyone else who is pro-choice?

Does it justify treason?

And, shouldn't that man be arrested for treason? I would think that, no matter what your opinion of the current POTUS may be, saying that he is deserving of death and his assassination would be justified is as close to treason as you can get without actively plotting the assassination or making an attempt at it yourself.

_Jynxx_

Asked by _Jynxx_ at 9:26 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No, he was a doctor doing his job. It wasn't like he was some back-alley abortionist who performed his surgeries with a dirty coat hanger and plastic bag. He did not deserve to be assassinated.

Funny how some people claim to be "pro-life" but then turn around and say it's perfectly fine for someone to be murdered.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:28 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• The whole idea that Obama is PRO abortion is sick, he has said himself MULTIPLE TIMES he is not. he doesnt like the idea. that being said he also said that it is not up to him, it is not his choice to make when it comes to a woman and her body. it isnt ANYONES CHOICE. im tired of people coming down so hard on women for chosing abortion. i dont really agree with it. i can see medical reasons for it, and maybe some cases where having a baby would be physcially and emotionally detremental..but other wise no i dont think its a good idea. does that mean im gonna protest or make someone else feel like crap for making a choice!! NO!!!! thats what it is a CHOICE!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:30 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• and i agree with the poster above me BTW....were pro-life but lets bomb the abortion clinics and kill the people performing the surgeries...are you KIDDING ME!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Yep. I don't remember if it was the same guy or someone else, but they said that, essentially, destroying abortion clinics and killing abortionists is now the only way to stop the murder of innocent children.

Wtf?

Yep. Great idea.

Trying to find more info on it now, but not having much luck with just the key words, lol.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 9:34 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I found this too, which I thought was interesting

http://politicalaffairs.net/article/view/8590/
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 9:35 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• "As part of its coverage of the slaying of Dr. Tiller, the Associated Press produced a list of 10 bombings and shootings over just the past 15 years where abortion providers, staff and clinics were targeted. "

Good lord. And some women on CM say that a portion of the pro-life movement ISN'T comparable to terrorism? Note that I say a portion, not ALL pro-life people are likes this, of course! But one of the best quotes that I've heard recently is (essentially: I can't recall it word for word) that the only difference between the fanatic/militant pro-life movement and the Taliban is about 8,000 miles (or however many they said :P)
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 9:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Obama can take the time to acknowledge and condemn Tiller's Killer. But he has yet to acknowledge the killing of the US soldiers in Arkansas. Is that justified?

Anonymous

• LOL That's funny in a really twisted way.

Apparently some people want to put some blame on Bill-O and Fox News because he called him Tiller the Baby Killer multiple times. They said it could have incited some people to go crazy or some shizz.

I dunno. It's such a touchy subject.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• lol, While I do think Bill-O is a flaming moron who needs to be muzzled.. Ahem.. You can't really blame HIM. You can place blame on people like him, but not him specifically.

Anyway..

Who takes him seriously any more?

That's like saying that Keith Olbermann is a reliable news source, rather than just a 'political commentator'.. And I LOVE his show! lol.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 9:46 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Fox News because he called him Tiller the Baby Killer multiple times. They said it could have incited some people to go crazy or some shizz.
    ---^'SOME PEOPLE'? Try Keith Olbermann and MSNBC. And all Bill O was doing was repeating the names other groups had called him during Tiller's lawsuits.
    Anonymous