My darling daughter.

My daughter is almost 15, I recently found a condom wraper in her garbage in her room. I thought her and her boyfriend could be trusted. What should I do? Should I tell her I know? What if she's pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Um, if you let them go in a room together Hon, you are already too late. It's your issue. If you don't like it.. don't let him in the house, beat your kid and stand up for yourself.. If you don't do it know, have fun raising another!! Take control Woman!!!
    Anonymous

• I would ask her about it before you jump to anything. I had them when i was younger because they were given out in class and i just used it as a balloon...But if that is the case then i would talk to her about alternate types of birthcontrol as well. Just to be on the safe side.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I was actually gone at work when he "snuck" over. My neighbor informed me that he was over.
    Anonymous

• ok seriously my dad and mom would have killed me if i had a boy in my room why are teenagers allowed to be treated like adults they are still kids when they start playing adult games they have adult consequences.

Anonymous

• Put her on the pill NOW!!!! and please don't say "no that would be giving her permission to have sex", she doesn't need your permission. I don't know if the condom means she is having sex, most teenagers wouldn't throw it away in their own room, but just to be safe put her on the pill.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 9:47 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• At least they used a condom. I would ask her about it.
    Anonymous

• First, you talk to her about risks and such....then you DON'T ALLOW HER TO BE IN A ROOM WITH THE DOOR SHUT WITH THE BOYFRIEND. I would probably take her door off the hinges for a while, make her earn it back. She needs to know that is not acceptable in your home. She can't take back what she's done, but she can prevent it from happening again. Oh, and never trust a teenage boy with your daughter. He may be a nice young man, but he still has a penis.

Anonymous

• Thank you ladies, this is very helpful.
    Anonymous

• I was never aloud even upstairs with a boyfriend, let alone in my room with the door shut! I understand you were at work and she let him in, but no matter what, if she's going to do it, it doesn't matter what you say. My suggestion? Talk to her about it...as a friend before as a mom. Get her to trust you and to think you're not "after her" as a parent has a tendency to do. Let her trust that she's "not in trouble" to find out the truth and then discuss with her the possible mental/physical ramifications of her actions and let her know that you're not ok with this.
    kv_8098

Answer by kv_8098 at 10:30 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• you could try being really strict, and always "policing" your daughter. But that is exhausting and unrealistic. Get her on the pill NOW before its too late. You'll be glad you did in the years to come.
    krnrobey71

Answer by krnrobey71 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2009