Why do you believe the Bible is inspired by God?

I was just thinking about how the more I study the Bible the more and more I believe that it is miraculously inspired by God. I was thinking about all the things that trip me out and I was wondering what trips you out!!!

Cinnamon-mom

Asked by Cinnamon-mom at 10:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• O.K. for those of you who don't believe the Bible is inspired, a few verifiable facts.  The Bible was written in 3 different languages.  Carbon dating has placed the oldest portions of the Bible at 6,000 years older than it's newer parts.  It was written by people of vastly different educational and social levels.  Yet skeptics have never found one significant conflict in it's pages in the original languages.  Other historical writings verify the historical accuracy of the events included.  Now, these facts will not prove the Bible or there would be no need of faith.  The do however add evidence of accuracy for those who are willing to look.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:08 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I will post first. You know the genealogy in Genesis 5. Yeah!!! THAT trips me out. You look at the list of names and don't think much about it. Then you look at the meaning of the names and you see God's plan of salvation!!! WOW!!!

Adam means "man," Seth means "appointed," Enosh means "appointed to death," Cainan means sorrowful, Mahalaleel means " from the presence of God," Jared means "one comes down," Enoch means "dedicated," Methuselah means "dying he shall send," Lamech means "to the poor and lowly," Noah means "rest and comfort"

When you look at them they point to Jesus, "The Man appointed to death, sorrowful. From the presence of God, One comes down, dedicated. Dying. He shall send to the poor and lowly, rest and comfort."

I get the chills everytime!!!
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 10:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I believe it is inspired, as every other religion/religious text is inspired. (to me inspired doesn't = dictated) But that probably doesn't' help you much, lol, as it seems you were looking for more traditional takes on Christianity.
    But I do believe that the Bible holds truth, that it is based on actual happenings, and that it can help a person walk closer to God (just because I don't believe it (or any other text) is infallible or absolute, or that I believe all religions/religious texts are just as valid and helpful doesn't' change that I do believe the Bible is inspired.)
    I believe that God intentionally inspired all the religions, so that everyone can find a path that works for them on their walk in this world, and on their journey to Him. I know that's not what you were looking for, lol, but it explains my answer a bit better...
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Wow. I never realized the names and the meanings behind them. Thanks for that bit of info Cinnamon-mom!!
    I believe the entire Bible is God inspired because I have complete faith in what God 's word says. I am always awed by the entire time Jesus was here on earth and the miracles he performed to prove his existence as the Son of God, but I also awed by the book of Revelation. It's about what has been, what is here, what is to come. Some of that stuff is absolutely terrifying. I would Not want to be here on Earth after the Rapture. Praise God for his Saving Grace. I guess I didn't really answer your question either.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Okay, here's another of my favorites: Psalm 22. Way before the Romans even used crucifixion to kill people, we see a psalm that prophesies the details of Jesus's death--that Jesus will die from crucifixion!!!

v.1 "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?" On the cross Jesus referred us to this very psalm when He cried out this verse!!!

"For dogs have surrounded Me; The congregation of the wicked has enclosed Me. They pierced [fn] My hands and My feet; I can count all My bones. They look [and] stare at Me. They divide My garments among them, And for My clothing they cast lots." v. 16-18

"All the ends of the world Shall remember and turn to the LORD, And all the families of the nations Shall worship before You." v. 27
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 10:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Ummm, maybe the names all work like that cuz the MEN who wrote the buy-bull PLANNED it that way in order to encourage more converts to their cult?...
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• mtnmama, that could only be possible if the book was written at the same time. But this was written in Genesis and there are many other examples of the entire NT gospel of Jesus Christ being prophesied in the OT. Just predicting crucifixion itself is a stunning prophesy, but saying that someone will come proclaiming the kingdom of God and that through His death all mankind will be come to the Lord is nearly impossible to predict!!!
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 10:25 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Yes my sister you are so right... God is good and i agree with you 100%
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Predicting the crucifiction would assume that said activity actually took place and wasn't once again WRITTEN ABOUT BY MAN. You do know that there was no Nazareth when jesus supposedly lived?? Easy to *prophecy* something that you read about...

And sorry- but all mankind has not come to the lord- I haven't and never will- and know many others who feel the same way.So there is another prophecy down.

Like I said- BUY-BULL...

mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 11:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Just because something is OLD does not mean it is god inspired. It just means it is... old.
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2009