Do you know the truth about Dr. Tiller?

I just came across this and I read some. Really heart breaking. I really don't even think they should be called "partial birth" abortions which is a political term not a medical one. I think they should be called induced deliveries. What do you think?
http://www.aheartbreakingchoice.com/index.html

legalmommy101

Asked by legalmommy101 at 10:02 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Precious, you need to read the site I just posted. They induce labor and the baby is born either vaginally or by c section just like a regular birth. Sometimes if the parents request it, they give the baby pain medication and fluids until they die ON THEIR OWN!!

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:11 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• partial birth abortion is murder, and its really sickening and sad, whether the baby was healthy or had a medical problem its still murder.Do you even know how its performed? Its really sick!!!
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:08 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• http://www.nrlc.org/abortion/pba/pba_images/pba_images_heathers_place.htm
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• that is horrible!!!! Won't even try and safe this poor babies life!!! Just let them suffer and die on their own? They interfer with labor and even to a c-sec before this child is ready so that the baby will die, when they had a chance to live??? That is just sick!!! My heart breaks for those poor babies!!! Just because they had something wrong with them then the parents are just going to let them die? ohhh it just makes me sick. Its just as bad as a partial birth abortion, except the doctors may feel less guilty.... ohh sorry I'm just so disguisted!
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I don't know. As a parent I feel one of my jobs is to keep my child from suffering. If my child was going to suffer and die slowly, it almost seems cruel to prolong things just so I can say I didn't take the "easy way out". Of course, I also think that anyone who thinks that having to make that choice is easy is deluded.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 10:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• murder
    LysNVantesMom

Answer by LysNVantesMom at 10:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• What I don't like about the legality of this. Is that in Kansas this is legal if the mother can prove she will "mentally" be in danger if she has a baby. (Don't know the legal mumbo jumbo, correct me if I am wrong)... But this leaves an opportunity for "loose Interpretation" of the legal definition of who qualifies and why they qualify. It's sad, imo

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• "What I don't like about the legality of this. Is that in Kansas this is legal if the mother can prove she will "mentally" be in danger if she has a baby. (Don't know the legal mumbo jumbo, correct me if I am wrong)... But this leaves an opportunity for "loose Interpretation" of the legal definition of who qualifies and why they qualify. It's sad, imo"

I'm pro-choice, but for the most part I disagree with that. THe only time that I have seen that be accurate (having volunteered at several women's clinics) is when it is a very young girl (in which case childbirth itself has the risk of being dangerous), someone with severe psychological disorders, etc
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 10:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• "when they had a chance to live??? "

You obviously either didn't read the site or don't know much about the conditions listed. The conditions that are listed that these babies had were TERMINAL and very painful deaths. I would most certainly deliver early and give my baby pain medication so they would not suffer. If you would rather watch your baby be born and scream in agony until they die a few hours later, be my guest. To me, that's just cruel!

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:23 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Just let them suffer and die on their own?

no, that would be what the pain meds are for. and die on their own, as in without intervention, from their medical condition, not as in alone.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 11:30 PM on Jun. 2, 2009