A question for the military wives?

When you shop at the commissary and you take your own groceries out do you tip the person who bagged your groceries?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I always tip them even when I carry out my groceries. They bagged it so I feel I should give them a little something.
    AlsGirl

Answer by AlsGirl at 10:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• NO I cant afford it- I tell them Ill do it myself.
    Anonymous

• you should still tip them,they bag your groceries,you just cheap,lol
    Anonymous

• always. Most of the ones at our commissary are older people...many of them retired military. So yes I do tip. I cant always afford to tip much but they are appreciative for what ever they get. Their service is very helpful to me as I usually have two small children with me and i'm pregnant.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:35 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• First I'm OP and I'm not cheap, I always tip them it doesn't matter if they take them out for me or not. But I have heard several people say that they don't tip just for bagging, so I just wanted to know what other people do.
    Anonymous

• always, like four or five to the people that take my groceries out and three or four to the baggers when i carry out my own depending on how many i had..
    katie_s1

Answer by katie_s1 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 2, 2009