Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am having to take my ex back to court for child support. While I have the larger income, our daughter resides with me more than 3/4 of the time and he does very little to help. Any similar stories out there?

Answer Question

Asked by BasaltMom at 12:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Where I live, it's all based on income, the bigger the difference, the less you make, the more you get. I don't know how it works if you make more money, I've never heard of that before, but I have to say congrats! That's truly an accomplishment when you have a child!

    Answer by NomadSara at 12:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

  • In the state I live in, its a formula figuring in the income of both parties and how much time the child spends with each parent. I know from experince the child support office is not going to care if he's helping or not. Well, they can care on a personal level, but they can't care about that as it pertains to your case. I hate to break it to you, but its possible if you are making a LOT more than your ex, its possible they can order YOU to pay HIM support. Its sucks but that's the way it is.

    Answer by ithi at 1:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

  • I am going back to court yet again to try to get some money anything from my ex also. He makes much more than me and he only bothers to see our daughter once every 6 months if she's lucky. And in the last year he has only given me 160.00 which isn't even one week of daycare! So I'm right there with you. I hope all goes well for you

    Answer by Hayliebugsmom at 1:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.