Do you fight in front of the kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• It depends on what you mean by fight. I will admit that my hubby and I have disagreements but I wouldn't call it a fight. We don't yell, curse, go off. I think that if children see their parents disagree and come to a resolution it is good thing they will then learn how to resolve problems they may have with others.
    nateandlo

Answer by nateandlo at 10:46 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I agree with the top poster as long as it's not to often. However if you mean like screaming matches then I think it's really unhealthy. Don't fight in any way in front of children that you wouldn't want to see them and their spouse fighting in the future. Your child will most likely mimic your behavior and choice in spouse when older so it's good to be aware of that.
    michelle0228

Answer by michelle0228 at 12:43 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Yes we have fought in front of the kids and will probably do so again.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 1:10 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• if you mean disagree or argue, yes, but we also resolve the issues infront of the kids. Those are things they NEED to see so that they can learn that it is okay to have different opinions, that even with different opinions that you can compromise, and that you can do it all respectfully and still love eachother.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:43 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• It's better not to fight in front of the children , because it really does hurt the children deep inside. If there's an issue you really have to deal with. then send your kids outside for a while or have a neighbor watch them for a while. But it's okay to calmly dicuss things in front of the kids.no bad words though..
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:47 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• No, I dont. If there is an issue it can wait until we are in private. My parents fought in front of me and it caused me a lot of anxiety problems later on in life, plus for the longest time I thought that it was OK to be in an unhealthy relationship... so what if I called called names or disrespected, so what if my b/f screamed at me or disrespected me, and so what if I did it to him?? My parents did it. Well I learned the hard way and will never fight in front of my kids!!
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 9:27 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• never. no matter how P.O i am at there dad I moreless talk my fight . then later on when ther kids are asleep or not around then I go off on a nut. but never around my kids. plus im good a throwing a few cuss words in there and i dont want to expose my children to that
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 5:37 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• also sounds weird but its true i have a friend who grew up in a very harsh househild (parents fought 24-7) and she grew up afriad of grown men and loud noises ( becuase her father yelled louder and always was throwing objects at the wall) so keep sh*it like that in mind , the littlest things can make a life time scar
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 5:41 PM on Jun. 3, 2009